US: Nike adds three new UK marketing executives
Nike, which recently posted record revenues of US$16.3bn for its 2007 fiscal year, has added three new roles within its UK marketing team to further increase the brand's focus on London.
Melanie Lowe joins Nike from Levi's, where she was marketing manager, to become head of marketing - London, reporting to UK marketing Director Simon Pestridge.
Reporting into Melanie is Alex Pellew, former account director at TBWA, who becomes London brand manager - football and running. The brand will also shortly announce a new appointment as London brand manager for women's and sport culture.
Also joining Nike UK is Ed Elworthy, who will be commencing his role as head of brand communications at the end of August, reporting to Simon Pestridge. Elworthy joined Nike in 2003 as brand communications manager for Australia, and has held the same role for the last two years at Nike China.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Nike has high hopes for Umbro. The world's leading sports brand targets football as a key growth category, and its US$582m bid for Umbro will undoubtedly shake up the sportswear sector. Joe Ayling loo...
Demand for specialist footwear fibres and fabrics is increasing rapidly, according to a new report, helped by a growing awareness of the health and safety benefits of wearing footwear designed for spe...
Here is a list of the top ten stories published on just-style during the past year. To read the stories in full, please click on the headlines....
Sports goods giant Nike saw second quarter revenue grow 14%, beating analyst expectations despite signs of a slowdown in the US....
Sporting Goods retailer Sports Direct may appoint founder Mike Ashley to the position of executive chairman, it has been reported....
Consumer brand company Iconix has finalised the acquisition of licensed apparel business Starter from Nike for US$60m in cash....
Puma has added to its growing roster of subsidiaries in eastern Europe with the opening of a new office in Zagreb to deal with its Croatian business....
Footwear manufacturer Yue Yuen has proposed a spin-off and separate listing for its Pou Sheng International group on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange....
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022