USA: Nike And Blues Legend Diddley Settle Legal Claim
Nike (NYSE: NKE) and music legend Bo Diddley today jointly announced settlement of a legal claim initiated in March, which involved the production and sale of tee shirts bearing the likeness of Diddley. Although settlement details remain private, both parties expressed satisfaction with the terms of the agreement."Bo Diddley's fabulous performances in the "Bo knows" campaign will be forever etched in the annals of advertising history, " said Jim Carter, Nike General Counsel, US/Americas Regions. That is why we wanted to expeditiously settle this matter to restore our relationship to a level of mutual respect," he added."The courthouse is not the place for Nike and Bo Diddley," said Nike Founder and Chairman Philip H Knight. "Instead, we each should get back to doing what we both do best -- Bo making great music and Nike continuing to provide opportunities for youth, athletes and even blues musicians."Echoing these sentiments, Diddley said, "I've always enjoyed my relationship with Nike and am pleased that we were able to put this matter behind us."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective