USA: Nike And Blues Legend Diddley Settle Legal Claim
Nike (NYSE: NKE) and music legend Bo Diddley today jointly announced settlement of a legal claim initiated in March, which involved the production and sale of tee shirts bearing the likeness of Diddley. Although settlement details remain private, both parties expressed satisfaction with the terms of the agreement."Bo Diddley's fabulous performances in the "Bo knows" campaign will be forever etched in the annals of advertising history, " said Jim Carter, Nike General Counsel, US/Americas Regions. That is why we wanted to expeditiously settle this matter to restore our relationship to a level of mutual respect," he added."The courthouse is not the place for Nike and Bo Diddley," said Nike Founder and Chairman Philip H Knight. "Instead, we each should get back to doing what we both do best -- Bo making great music and Nike continuing to provide opportunities for youth, athletes and even blues musicians."Echoing these sentiments, Diddley said, "I've always enjoyed my relationship with Nike and am pleased that we were able to put this matter behind us."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- US Q3 in brief - Under Armour, VF Corp, Skechers
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020