US: Nike appoints Barclays exec as information chief
Anthony Watson is a veteran of the information technology business
Sports giant Nike has appointed ex-Barclays Bank executive Anthony Watson to the newly created role of chief information officer.
Watson, a veteran of the information technology business, joins Nike from Barclays, where he was managing director and CIO for Europe and the Middle East.
Prior to Barclays, Watson was senior vice president and global head of technology services for Wells Fargo. He has also held senior roles at CitiGroup, Unisys Corp, Microsoft and First-e Bancorp, Europe's first Internet bank.
"We look forward to Anthony joining our team and bringing his deep knowledge, expertise and vision to lead Nike's overall technology strategy," said Eric Sprunk, COO for Nike. "We are confident he can deliver progressive and innovative technology solutions and help us to continue to drive sustainable, profitable growth."
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Nike believes that footwear manufactured using its Flyknit fabric, which was initially launched in 2012, will be one of its growth drivers going forward. Initially launched in running footwear, Nike h...
Nike Philippines Inc is expected to continuously hold running events such as the “Nike We Run Manila” to sustain interest in the sport among consumers although it is predicted to focus on other sports...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at Nike's 'game-changing' training shoe, a roundup of January sales from US apparel retailers, and an insight on the challenges and opportu...
2013 was marked by a strong investment by Nike in the Portuguese territory. Beyond the opening of important stores, Nike has been dedicated to increasing its penetration throughout a vigorous marketin...
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Why TPP implementation is far from a done deal
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Cambodia leads US apparel import growth in August
- Common themes unite Inditex and H&M supply chains
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- Cambodia sets new minimum wage at US$140
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- Vietnam releases new textile dye regulations
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry