US: Nike appoints Benzinger as global apparel VP
Benzinger will be responsible for the creation and production of all Nike apparel product globally
Sporting goods giant Nike has promoted Reenie Benziger to the role of vice president of global apparel.
Benzinger moves from her current role as vice president for global young athletes. In her new role, she will be responsible for the creation and production of all Nike apparel product globally.
"Reenie's deep consumer knowledge and experience in the global apparel industry will continue to position Nike as an innovative brand with consumers," said Jeanne Jackson, Nike president of product and merchandising.
Carl Grebert, a 17-year Nike veteran, replaces Benziger as VP/GM of global young athletes. He most recently served as VP/GM of Nike Japan.
Despite the economic slowdown in Poland, Nike Poland did not suffer a loss of share in the Polish apparel market. Like numerous other operators in the market, the company aims to overcome losses in re...
Adversely affected by the slowdown of domestic economy and shrinking consumption, sportswear players collectively faced increasing challenges in China in 2012. As the leader of sportswear in China, Ni...
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Hanesbrands praises supply chain efficiency
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- Wal-Mart US chief resignation little surprise
- Accord still struggling to engage industry bodies
- Under Armour "bullish" in full-year guidance rise
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report