US: Nike appoints new China VP
- Craig Cheek replaces Willem Haitink
- Nike aims to double China revenue by 2015
Sporting goods firm Nike has announced a series of executive management changes for Greater China and North America, including that of Craig Cheek as vice president and general manager of Greater China.
Cheek most recently served as vice president and general manager of Nike’s North America geography.
He replaces Willem Haitink, who will now become vice president and general manager of Converse’s EMEA (European, Middle East and Africa) business.
Elliott Hill will replace Cheek to lead the North American geography, having most recently served as vice president of global retail.
"Willem Haitink has led Nike’s Greater China business to achieve strong growth, and now we look forward to Craig Cheek taking the lead and continuing the momentum in this important geography," said Gary DeStefano, president of global operations.
"Craig will lead us forward to achieve our goal of doubling our size in China by 2015. Our brand in North America remains strong and Elliott Hill will continue to deepen our lead across this geography. With Hill’s experience, we will continue to connect with consumers by focusing on our category offense and by elevating the retail experience across all channels of distribution."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Established skills and tradition were not enough to save some apparel makers from layoffs and factory closures in 2010. But acquisitions, an environmental focus and international expansion helped othe...
Strong sales and clean inventories have helped sportswear and equipment giant Nike Inc to a 22% hike in second quarter profit, but shares fell nearly 6% after an 11% rise in future orders came in belo...
Taking a look at the week ahead for the footwear and apparel industry, here is news editor Joe Ayling's snapshot of just-style's latest news and insights agenda. ...
Rocky Brands has announced that the company is planning to promote president and chief operating officer David Sharp to president and chief executive officer as of 1 July 2011. ...
European private equity firm Silverfleet Capital has acquired UK footwear chain Office for an undisclosed amount from West Coast Capital (WCC). ...
Nike has introduced its next generation of Nike Pro Combat uniforms and cleats; the Air Zoom Alpha Talon Cleat and 2011 Nike Pro Combat Uniforms....
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016