US: Nike backs online retail analytics platform
Sporting goods giant Nike Inc has invested in a new online predictive analytics platform for retailers and brands, which is being piloted by the company's Converse unit as well as beach clothing specialist O'Neill.
The minority stake in Silicon Valley start-up Reflektion was revealed as part of the California-based firm's Series B round funding, which was led by Intel Capital and has raised $8m.
Using a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) model, Reflektion plans to use the funding to support the wider launch of its ecommerce and business intelligence solutions, along with product development, sales and marketing.
Reflektion's platform applies patented algorithms to calculate trends and predict in real-time what each customer is likely to buy next, helping companies to build higher sales and customer engagement.
Retailer O'Neill began working with Reflektion in July 2013 and has increased revenue per visit, average order size and page views compared to traffic not going through Reflektion's platform - with conversion rates up by 50%, according to the company.
"What we wanted was the ability to treat each online customer like an individual, as we do in our stores, but we were really limited in what we could do," said Daniel Neukomm, CEO of O'Neill.
The new platform enables the company to offer each visitor an individualised product assortment, along with greater insight into customers and product trends.
adidas AG overtook Nike Inc in 2013 as the leading sportswear brand in the UAE in terms of retail value sales. Thus, with increasing competition from adidas and other leading sports brands set to inte...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Italy is one of Nike Inc’s ten leading territories at global level in terms of turnover and it is also the country in which there is the highest density of Nike brand retail outlets. There are 50 Nike...
Nike Turkiye AS endorses various sports, such as the Nike Run Istanbul and Nike Turkey Made by Movement campaigns in 2013. Nike used Nike Run Istanbul to get a non-running nation thinking and talking ...
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- US Q2 in brief - Sears, Burlington, Tilly's
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory