US: Nike backs online retail analytics platform
Sporting goods giant Nike Inc has invested in a new online predictive analytics platform for retailers and brands, which is being piloted by the company's Converse unit as well as beach clothing specialist O'Neill.
The minority stake in Silicon Valley start-up Reflektion was revealed as part of the California-based firm's Series B round funding, which was led by Intel Capital and has raised $8m.
Using a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) model, Reflektion plans to use the funding to support the wider launch of its ecommerce and business intelligence solutions, along with product development, sales and marketing.
Reflektion's platform applies patented algorithms to calculate trends and predict in real-time what each customer is likely to buy next, helping companies to build higher sales and customer engagement.
Retailer O'Neill began working with Reflektion in July 2013 and has increased revenue per visit, average order size and page views compared to traffic not going through Reflektion's platform - with conversion rates up by 50%, according to the company.
"What we wanted was the ability to treat each online customer like an individual, as we do in our stores, but we were really limited in what we could do," said Daniel Neukomm, CEO of O'Neill.
The new platform enables the company to offer each visitor an individualised product assortment, along with greater insight into customers and product trends.
adidas AG overtook Nike Inc in 2013 as the leading sportswear brand in the UAE in terms of retail value sales. Thus, with increasing competition from adidas and other leading sports brands set to inte...
Nike in Vietnam aims to strengthen its position as the top producer of Nike shoes. Cheap labour costs play the most important role, and the company is expected to control expenditure carefully to stay...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Italy is one of Nike Inc’s ten leading territories at global level in terms of turnover and it is also the country in which there is the highest density of Nike brand retail outlets. There are 50 Nike...
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Retailers warned of high volatility in Brexit wake
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- Online fabric platform to "revolutionise" buying
- Alliance cuts ties with three more factories
- Uniqlo said to be scaling back US expansion
- Better Work Vietnam launches labour law mobile app
- UK must act with urgency to cut Brexit uncertainty
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts