US: Nike blocks Reebok Tebow apparel – reports
The order stopping Reebok from making, selling and shipping the allegedly unauthorised apparel comes following Tebow’s move from the Denver Broncos to the Jets in March.
But it does not affect Broncos products bearing Tebow’s name or anything made before 1 March, according to reports by Reuters.
Reebok has pledged to fight the ruling in a further court hearing, scheduled for tomorrow (4 April), which could extend the ban.
The order granted to Nike specifies that Reebok should offer to buy back apparel and recall it from shipping channels, but did not force Reebok to destroy allegedly unauthorised products.
Nike’s complaint claims that the company will begin an exclusive five-year contract with the NFL to sell uniforms and related apparel for all 32 league teams.
Anyone believing that human rights abuses are endemic in offshore production should compare the levels of protection afforded to factory workers in the developing world supplying major Western brands ...
Sportswear brand Nike recorded a decline in first-quarter net income as profits and orders in China slumped. ...
Adidas has been ordered to stop manufacturing and distributing its Adizero Primeknit shoe in Germany, after Nike was granted an interim injunction for patent infringement. ...
Adidas has made dramatic cuts to the long-term revenue targets for its Reebok brand, which has been impacted by lost business in the US and fraud allegations in India....
Sporting goods giant Nike has announced a new, four-year programme to repurchase US$8bn-worth of Class B shares of its common stock....
Footwear specialist Crocs has appointed Dale Bathum as chief product officer responsible for design and development, as well as expanding the brand internationally....
Reebok, which is owned by sporting goods giant Adidas, has removed the position of global president, moving Ulrich Becker to president of the brand's North American business....
Jeans giant Levi Strauss & Co has appointed Seth Ellison as president of its global Dockers brand to manage its strategic direction, product development, marketing and business operations. ...
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Alliance brands "staying the course" in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Bangladesh denied US GSP re-entry on worker rights
- Amazon Prime Day a big win for apparel
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis