USA: Nike Brand Marketing to Be Managed Regionally
Nike Inc. (NYSE: NKE) today announced that Ellen Turner, vice president and chief marketing officer, is leaving the company, effective May 1. Turner, 39, joined Nike at the end of November last year. There are no immediate plans to fill the global CMO position."The realization that our brand marketing activities are best managed and executed at the regional and country level, coupled with Ellen's desire to return to Los Angeles, led us to mutually agree to part company. We wish her well," said Nike Chairman and CEO Philip H. Knight.Turner joined Nike from Kinkos where she was CMO for two years. Prior to that she was vice president of brand and creative services for The Limited Inc.'s 12 retail divisions and 5,700 stores. She also has served in brand-building, marketing and sales leadership positions at Cadbury-Schweppes and Pepsico's Taco Bell and Frito-Lay divisions.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Update - Bangladesh "business as usual"
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar