USA: Nike Brand Marketing to Be Managed Regionally
Nike Inc. (NYSE: NKE) today announced that Ellen Turner, vice president and chief marketing officer, is leaving the company, effective May 1. Turner, 39, joined Nike at the end of November last year. There are no immediate plans to fill the global CMO position."The realization that our brand marketing activities are best managed and executed at the regional and country level, coupled with Ellen's desire to return to Los Angeles, led us to mutually agree to part company. We wish her well," said Nike Chairman and CEO Philip H. Knight.Turner joined Nike from Kinkos where she was CMO for two years. Prior to that she was vice president of brand and creative services for The Limited Inc.'s 12 retail divisions and 5,700 stores. She also has served in brand-building, marketing and sales leadership positions at Cadbury-Schweppes and Pepsico's Taco Bell and Frito-Lay divisions.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- North Face parka features synthetic spider silk
- EU urged to adopt roadmap for Sri Lanka GSP+ bid
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack