USA: Nike Brand Marketing to Be Managed Regionally
Nike Inc. (NYSE: NKE) today announced that Ellen Turner, vice president and chief marketing officer, is leaving the company, effective May 1. Turner, 39, joined Nike at the end of November last year. There are no immediate plans to fill the global CMO position."The realization that our brand marketing activities are best managed and executed at the regional and country level, coupled with Ellen's desire to return to Los Angeles, led us to mutually agree to part company. We wish her well," said Nike Chairman and CEO Philip H. Knight.Turner joined Nike from Kinkos where she was CMO for two years. Prior to that she was vice president of brand and creative services for The Limited Inc.'s 12 retail divisions and 5,700 stores. She also has served in brand-building, marketing and sales leadership positions at Cadbury-Schweppes and Pepsico's Taco Bell and Frito-Lay divisions.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective