US: Nike completes sale of Cole Haan to Apax Partners
Sportswear giant Nike has completed the sale of footwear brand Cole Haan to private equity firm Apax Partners, after the US$570m deal was revealed in November.
Apax Partners is teaming up with Converse chief executive Jack Boys to run the lifestyle brand, which operates 108 domestic stores and another 68 in Canada, China and Japan. Apax plans to accelerate growth in the US and internationally.
Nike has sold Cole Haan and soccer brand Umbro to focus on growing its Nike, Jordan, Converse and Hurley brands.
Environmental concerns focus on a range of pollutants in that water, from pesticides on cotton fields to dust storms caused by overgrazing in Inner Mongolia by cashmere goats....
The most read stories on just-style this week include a look at PVH setting out its succession plan, Hudson's Bay's acquisition of Saks, and a report on the use of mobile phones to monitor labour abus...
Adidas, Nike and Armani are among the top 20 most powerful international brands in China, according to new research, having worked out how to connect with the new sophisticated, value-driven consumer....
Iconix Brand Group, which owns and licenses brands including Candie's and Umbro, has lifted its full-year guidance after reporting a 31.4% increase in second-quarter net profit....
Nike has named Craig Cheek as vice president of men's training, overseeing the sportswear giant's training, baseball and football businesses, including managing Nike's relationship with the National F...
Top stories on just-style this week included Nike's launch of its 'Nature Amplified' range, a look at how garment worker wages are driving sourcing shifts, and a report on China's competitiveness as a...
- Why have US FTA imports fallen to a record low?
- Collaboration key to the future of smart textiles
- First figures show Bangladesh exports climb
- Synergies Worldwide CEO unravels sourcing shifts
- Rana Plaza three years on – Timeline of change
- Hanesbrands to buy Pacific Brands for $800m
- BHS receives "expressions of interest"
- New loan deal to help upgrade Bangladesh factories
- Lindex planning supplier sustainability scorecard
- Timberland sets new eco-preferred standards