US: Nike completes sale of Cole Haan to Apax Partners
Sportswear giant Nike has completed the sale of footwear brand Cole Haan to private equity firm Apax Partners, after the US$570m deal was revealed in November.
Apax Partners is teaming up with Converse chief executive Jack Boys to run the lifestyle brand, which operates 108 domestic stores and another 68 in Canada, China and Japan. Apax plans to accelerate growth in the US and internationally.
Nike has sold Cole Haan and soccer brand Umbro to focus on growing its Nike, Jordan, Converse and Hurley brands.
Environmental concerns focus on a range of pollutants in that water, from pesticides on cotton fields to dust storms caused by overgrazing in Inner Mongolia by cashmere goats....
The most read stories on just-style this week include a look at PVH setting out its succession plan, Hudson's Bay's acquisition of Saks, and a report on the use of mobile phones to monitor labour abus...
Adidas, Nike and Armani are among the top 20 most powerful international brands in China, according to new research, having worked out how to connect with the new sophisticated, value-driven consumer....
Iconix Brand Group, which owns and licenses brands including Candie's and Umbro, has lifted its full-year guidance after reporting a 31.4% increase in second-quarter net profit....
Nike has named Craig Cheek as vice president of men's training, overseeing the sportswear giant's training, baseball and football businesses, including managing Nike's relationship with the National F...
Top stories on just-style this week included Nike's launch of its 'Nature Amplified' range, a look at how garment worker wages are driving sourcing shifts, and a report on China's competitiveness as a...
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- New Tencel fibre based on cotton waste fabrics
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Southeast Asia & Central America strategic sourcing reviews package deal