UK: Nike coy on England football sponsorship deal
Nike has remained quiet on rumours the sporting goods giant is close to signing a deal to become the official uniform supplier for the England football team.
According reports in the Daily Mail, the agreement would replace the existing GBP20m (US$31.7m) deal with specialist football brand Umbro - which Nike owns and put up for sale at the end of May - which is expected to run until 2018.
Nike is allegedly introducing a new England away strip in the spring, while the Football Association is looking to terminate a relationship with Umbro, the report added.
However, a spokesperson for Nike told just-style today (29 August): "We do not comment on rumours or speculation about our sponsorship plans."
Two campaigns carried out over the past two years by two groups of activists have achieved very different results. Whereas Greenpeace has successfully corralled major brands and retailers into its Det...
Chinese footwear and sportswear business Belle International has seen its share price fall today (21 February) after admitting its 2012 profit will be at the lower end of analyst expectations....
European denim brand Lee Cooper has been sold to Iconix Brand Group in a $72m deal that will help the New York based firm grow its international presence....
Iconix Brand Group Inc, which owns and licenses brands including Candie's and Umbro, has raised its full-year profit and sales guidance after buying European denim brand Lee Cooper....
Sports and casual wear retailer JD Sports has confirmed to just-style that Tom Knight, who led the development of its sports performance fascia, has left the business....
Sportswear giant Nike has completed the sale of footwear brand Cole Haan to private equity firm Apax Partners, after the US$570m deal was revealed in November....
Gene McCarthy, senior vice president of footwear at Under Armour, is to leave the performance apparel and footwear specialist next month....
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis