UK: Nike coy on England football sponsorship deal
Nike has remained quiet on rumours the sporting goods giant is close to signing a deal to become the official uniform supplier for the England football team.
According reports in the Daily Mail, the agreement would replace the existing GBP20m (US$31.7m) deal with specialist football brand Umbro - which Nike owns and put up for sale at the end of May - which is expected to run until 2018.
Nike is allegedly introducing a new England away strip in the spring, while the Football Association is looking to terminate a relationship with Umbro, the report added.
However, a spokesperson for Nike told just-style today (29 August): "We do not comment on rumours or speculation about our sponsorship plans."
Two campaigns carried out over the past two years by two groups of activists have achieved very different results. Whereas Greenpeace has successfully corralled major brands and retailers into its Det...
Chinese footwear and sportswear business Belle International has seen its share price fall today (21 February) after admitting its 2012 profit will be at the lower end of analyst expectations....
European denim brand Lee Cooper has been sold to Iconix Brand Group in a $72m deal that will help the New York based firm grow its international presence....
Iconix Brand Group Inc, which owns and licenses brands including Candie's and Umbro, has raised its full-year profit and sales guidance after buying European denim brand Lee Cooper....
Sports and casual wear retailer JD Sports has confirmed to just-style that Tom Knight, who led the development of its sports performance fascia, has left the business....
Sportswear giant Nike has completed the sale of footwear brand Cole Haan to private equity firm Apax Partners, after the US$570m deal was revealed in November....
Gene McCarthy, senior vice president of footwear at Under Armour, is to leave the performance apparel and footwear specialist next month....
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Ethiopia textile and apparel exports lagging
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024