US: Nike creates "multi-directional" Vapor Carbon football cleat
The new Nike Vapor Carbon 2014 Elite Cleat design
Sports giant Nike has adapted its Vapor Laser Talon football shoe, created using 3-D printing, to produce a more "multi-directional" design.
In February last year, Nike launched the Vapor Laser Talon, the first 3-D printed cleat to be worn by football players. The design, however, was only for straight-line speed.
The new Nike Vapor Carbon 2014 Elite Cleat design, the group said, utilises the same "V Plate" shape, but is now adapted for "multi-directional explosiveness".
"The forefoot of the 'V Plate' is decoupled to promote natural motion from the medial to lateral side of the foot, offering support at the edges for aggressive cuts on the turf," the company said. "Four large tri-star cleat studs (similar to the Nike Vapor Laser Talon) are placed at the toe grip zone for initial bursts of speed off the line; while supplemental shovel cleats along the sidewall provide edge traction during lateral cuts."
"A full-length carbon fiber plate that enhances energy-return and provides propulsion in all directions. Mirroring the natural motion of the 'V Plate', a lightweight, one-piece upper gives the Nike Vapor Carbon 2014 Elite Cleat a second-skin fit. Individual adaptive Flywire strands provide a customized lockdown fit."
In his take on the key apparel industry issues to watch in 2015, David Birnbaum homes in on the problems facing those brands who have set their sights on developing markets in China and Russia; and a ...
NIKE, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings ......
Nike is expected to maintain its position as the most important sports brand in Chile. Nike de Chile’s strategy is to continue organising sports events – such as “Nike 10K” or “Nike 300K” – aimed at i...
Nike believes that footwear manufactured using its Flyknit fabric, which was initially launched in 2012, will be one of its growth drivers going forward. Initially launched in running footwear, Nike h...
Nike México SA de CV plans to continue to position itself as one of the top sports brands in the country. In order to accomplish this goal, it will continue sponsoring local sports celebrities and foo...
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- New Gap CEO set to tackle “aesthetic issue”
- Falling euro adds to Bangladesh production woes
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- M&S Asia head quits as China stores to close
- Gap names new design head amid mixed Q4
- Abercrombie & Fitch reports “dismal” FY
- Pay rise mulled for Sri Lanka garment workers
- US labour concerns at Honduras apparel makers
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019