US: Nike creates "multi-directional" Vapor Carbon football cleat
The new Nike Vapor Carbon 2014 Elite Cleat design
Sports giant Nike has adapted its Vapor Laser Talon football shoe, created using 3-D printing, to produce a more "multi-directional" design.
In February last year, Nike launched the Vapor Laser Talon, the first 3-D printed cleat to be worn by football players. The design, however, was only for straight-line speed.
The new Nike Vapor Carbon 2014 Elite Cleat design, the group said, utilises the same "V Plate" shape, but is now adapted for "multi-directional explosiveness".
"The forefoot of the 'V Plate' is decoupled to promote natural motion from the medial to lateral side of the foot, offering support at the edges for aggressive cuts on the turf," the company said. "Four large tri-star cleat studs (similar to the Nike Vapor Laser Talon) are placed at the toe grip zone for initial bursts of speed off the line; while supplemental shovel cleats along the sidewall provide edge traction during lateral cuts."
"A full-length carbon fiber plate that enhances energy-return and provides propulsion in all directions. Mirroring the natural motion of the 'V Plate', a lightweight, one-piece upper gives the Nike Vapor Carbon 2014 Elite Cleat a second-skin fit. Individual adaptive Flywire strands provide a customized lockdown fit."
In his take on the key apparel industry issues to watch in 2015, David Birnbaum homes in on the problems facing those brands who have set their sights on developing markets in China and Russia; and a ...
Nike believes that footwear manufactured using its Flyknit fabric, which was initially launched in 2012, will be one of its growth drivers going forward. Initially launched in running footwear, Nike h...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Nike Philippines Inc is expected to continuously hold running events such as the “Nike We Run Manila” to sustain interest in the sport among consumers although it is predicted to focus on other sports...
2013 was marked by a strong investment by Nike in the Portuguese territory. Beyond the opening of important stores, Nike has been dedicated to increasing its penetration throughout a vigorous marketin...
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Gap bullish on China growth opportunities
- US Q2 in brief: Guess, PVH, Abercrombie & Fitch
- Gap restructuring weighs on Q2 as profit falls 34%
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Ralph Lauren debuts biometic smart shirt
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019