US: Nike creates "multi-directional" Vapor Carbon football cleat
The new Nike Vapor Carbon 2014 Elite Cleat design
Sports giant Nike has adapted its Vapor Laser Talon football shoe, created using 3-D printing, to produce a more "multi-directional" design.
In February last year, Nike launched the Vapor Laser Talon, the first 3-D printed cleat to be worn by football players. The design, however, was only for straight-line speed.
The new Nike Vapor Carbon 2014 Elite Cleat design, the group said, utilises the same "V Plate" shape, but is now adapted for "multi-directional explosiveness".
"The forefoot of the 'V Plate' is decoupled to promote natural motion from the medial to lateral side of the foot, offering support at the edges for aggressive cuts on the turf," the company said. "Four large tri-star cleat studs (similar to the Nike Vapor Laser Talon) are placed at the toe grip zone for initial bursts of speed off the line; while supplemental shovel cleats along the sidewall provide edge traction during lateral cuts."
"A full-length carbon fiber plate that enhances energy-return and provides propulsion in all directions. Mirroring the natural motion of the 'V Plate', a lightweight, one-piece upper gives the Nike Vapor Carbon 2014 Elite Cleat a second-skin fit. Individual adaptive Flywire strands provide a customized lockdown fit."
In his take on the key apparel industry issues to watch in 2015, David Birnbaum homes in on the problems facing those brands who have set their sights on developing markets in China and Russia; and a ...
Nike believes that footwear manufactured using its Flyknit fabric, which was initially launched in 2012, will be one of its growth drivers going forward. Initially launched in running footwear, Nike h...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
2013 was marked by a strong investment by Nike in the Portuguese territory. Beyond the opening of important stores, Nike has been dedicated to increasing its penetration throughout a vigorous marketin...
Nike Poland has a strong position on the Polish apparel market and it is expected that its share will increase further in the forecast period. The company will continue to be positioned as a premium b...
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Ethiopia textile and apparel exports lagging
- Hanesbrands Q4 performance “disappoints”
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024