US: Nike creates "multi-directional" Vapor Carbon football cleat
The new Nike Vapor Carbon 2014 Elite Cleat design
Sports giant Nike has adapted its Vapor Laser Talon football shoe, created using 3-D printing, to produce a more "multi-directional" design.
In February last year, Nike launched the Vapor Laser Talon, the first 3-D printed cleat to be worn by football players. The design, however, was only for straight-line speed.
The new Nike Vapor Carbon 2014 Elite Cleat design, the group said, utilises the same "V Plate" shape, but is now adapted for "multi-directional explosiveness".
"The forefoot of the 'V Plate' is decoupled to promote natural motion from the medial to lateral side of the foot, offering support at the edges for aggressive cuts on the turf," the company said. "Four large tri-star cleat studs (similar to the Nike Vapor Laser Talon) are placed at the toe grip zone for initial bursts of speed off the line; while supplemental shovel cleats along the sidewall provide edge traction during lateral cuts."
"A full-length carbon fiber plate that enhances energy-return and provides propulsion in all directions. Mirroring the natural motion of the 'V Plate', a lightweight, one-piece upper gives the Nike Vapor Carbon 2014 Elite Cleat a second-skin fit. Individual adaptive Flywire strands provide a customized lockdown fit."
In his take on the key apparel industry issues to watch in 2015, David Birnbaum homes in on the problems facing those brands who have set their sights on developing markets in China and Russia; and a ...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
2013 was marked by a strong investment by Nike in the Portuguese territory. Beyond the opening of important stores, Nike has been dedicated to increasing its penetration throughout a vigorous marketin...
Nike Poland has a strong position on the Polish apparel market and it is expected that its share will increase further in the forecast period. The company will continue to be positioned as a premium b...
Nike Turkiye AS endorses various sports, such as the Nike Run Istanbul and Nike Turkey Made by Movement campaigns in 2013. Nike used Nike Run Istanbul to get a non-running nation thinking and talking ...
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- EU clothing imports from China continue to plunge
- Nike and Crystal Group "doing well by doing good"
- EU relaxes origin rules on Jordan clothing exports
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras