US: Nike credit line sparks Puma buyout rumours
The revolving credit agreement with lenders led by Bank of America takes the place of one providing for $750m of credit.
Nike has stressed it does not comment on market rumours.
The company's biggest rival in terms of market share, Adidas AG, took over number-three player Reebok earlier this year.
Sri Lanka's two largest textile and apparel companies - MAS Holdings and Brandix Lanka - are in the process of setting up textile and apparel parks in India. The moves are part of a long-term strategy...
US sportswear giant Nike Inc has pledged to improve conditions for the 800,000 workers who make the company's products by eliminating excessive overtime in Nike brand contract factories by 2011....
High street retailer Tchibo has signed Michael Michalsky, formerly global creative director for Adidas, to create a new fashion collection called Mitch & Co....
Genesco Thursday (31 May) rejected a sweetened takeover offer from Foot Locker but said it would pursue strategic alternatives, including a possible sale....
Sportswear giant Nike has, for the first time, shared the company's factory auditing tools in its corporate responsibility report....
A weak performance in its US businesses has led to a 71% slump in first quarter profit at athletic footwear retailer Foot Locker Inc....
German sportswear group Puma has given PPR's EUR330.00 (US$443) per share buyout offer the official thumbs up today (24 May)....
Nike and Foot Locker said Tuesday (22 May) that they will jointly develop a new retail concept, to be called House of Hoops by Foot Locker, to bring "all things basketball" to as many as 50 stores in ...
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"