US: Nike grows Lacrosse business with Iroquois Nationals deal
Sports giant Nike has sealed a deal to supply the Iroquois Nationals Lacrosse organisation with shoes and clothing.
Nike will provide uniforms, warm ups and casual sports apparel, with the uniforms set to be launched this summer.
In addition, Iroquois Nationals will help research and design studies intended to further develop Nike's line-up of training and competition footwear and apparel for lacrosse.
"We are proud to be partnering with the Iroquois Nationals," said Sam McCracken, Nike's manager of Native American business.
"The partnership developed out of our long-standing commitment to working with Native Americans and was a natural fit for us given our strong support of team sports.
"We look forward to supporting the long-range development of the sport and to working with Native American communities to use lacrosse to increase physical activity among Native American youth."
Chief Oren Lyons, of the Iroquois Nationals, said: "With Nike's support, we will be able to continue to send our best athletes to compete and promote lacrosse to the world, sharing the game and our history."
Nike currently supports 18 collegiate lacrosse programs and manufactures and distributes a complete line of lacrosse products for men and women, including competition and training specific products.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Ranked as one of Thailand's top three textile producers and the country's seventh largest garment maker with a 2003 sales turnover of US$46 million, the Nan Yang Textile Group is one of only a handful...
Sports company Pony, which recently changed hands, has appointed Jim Stroesser as its new CEO....
Sports leader Nike has appointed Greg Hoffman, global brand creative director, as vice president of Nike's global brand design....
Nike's latest Factory Store outlet has opened at The Legends at Village West in Kansas....
The University of Colorado has agreed to extend its apparel agreement with sportswear giant Nike Inc by ten years....
Sportswear giant adidas has clinched a long-term partnership deal with tennis superstar Andre Agassi, who previously held a contract with archrival Nike....
Independent music label Dischord Records has forced sportswear giant Nike Inc to apologise for unlawfully using artwork from a punk-rock record cover in a promotional campaign for skateboarding appar...
Nike Inc, the world's biggest athletic-shoe maker, said fourth-quarter earnings rose 15 percent, encouraged by sales of high- priced Air Jordan and Shox sneakers....
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022