US: Nike launches latest Air Jordan
US sporting goods firm Nike has released its Air Jordan 2011 - the 26th version in as many years.
Nike's Jordan Brand division will release the shoe on 19 February for a suggested retail price of $170.
The design includes interchangeable red and blue midsoles and Patina leather. Nike said that for a player that needs to be quicker on court, the blue midsole incorporates heel and forefoot "zoom air units", while a ¾ length "air unit and cushlon" midsole in the red midsole are built for players whose game is more explosive.
Former basketball star Jordan said: "Each year I challenge the brand to push the envelope in all aspects of the creative process including design, technology and the overall performance of the shoe. The Air Jordan 2011 is representative of where we are headed as a brand in 2011 and beyond.
"With each passing year Jordan Brand will look to challenge the way the footwear industry and consumers think about performance, and consistently look to improve upon where we have already been."
The company also said that to celebrate the Year of the Rabbit, Jordan’s birth year, Jordan Brand will also be releasing a special edition Air Jordan 2011 Year of the Rabbit - at select retailers in Los Angeles and in limited quantities in China.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Walmart supplier Hung Long Garment and Services JSC has posted a 30% hike in sales in the first half of 2011, securing its reputation as one of Vietnam's highest profit-earning garment makers....
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read articles on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
Icebreaker, the outdoor merino wool clothing company based in New Zealand, has named Linda Tanouye as vice president of development and sourcing....
Sportswear maker Anvil Knitwear has tapped former Iconix Brand and Nike executive Heather Stefani as its new executive vice president of marketing....
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar