UK: Nike linked with Facebook launch
Sportswear group Nike is in the early stages of discussing a possible tie-up with social networking website Facebook in a move to publicise its recently launched running equipment Nike+.
Marketing magazine reported that the Oregon-based company was planning a Facebook group to promote its Nike+ range, but a Nike spokesperson told just-style that nothing could yet be confirmed.
The Nike+iPod Sport Kit was launched last year in collaboration with Apple - allowing runners to track and compare times on an online electronic database, as well as listen to music.
Nike has high hopes for Umbro. The world's leading sports brand targets football as a key growth category, and its US$582m bid for Umbro will undoubtedly shake up the sportswear sector. Joe Ayling loo...
Demand for specialist footwear fibres and fabrics is increasing rapidly, according to a new report, helped by a growing awareness of the health and safety benefits of wearing footwear designed for spe...
The UK's Office of Fair Trading (OFT) has cleared Nike's anticipated GBP285m (US$565m) acquisition of Umbro....
High-end jeans and denim apparel maker Blue Holdings Inc has signed two new licensing agreements for its Antik Denim and Yanuk brands....
Nike division Jordan Brand, dedicated to basketball idol Michael Jordon, has announced the launch of its new basketball shoe Air Jordan XX3....
Another strike has hit the Vietnamese textile industry after 2,000 workers at a Taiwan-owned textile plant in the south of the country walked out in protest at their low wages....
Here is a list of the top ten stories published on just-style during the past year. To read the stories in full, please click on the headlines....
Sports goods giant Nike saw second quarter revenue grow 14%, beating analyst expectations despite signs of a slowdown in the US....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020