UK: Nike linked with Facebook launch
Sportswear group Nike is in the early stages of discussing a possible tie-up with social networking website Facebook in a move to publicise its recently launched running equipment Nike+.
Marketing magazine reported that the Oregon-based company was planning a Facebook group to promote its Nike+ range, but a Nike spokesperson told just-style that nothing could yet be confirmed.
The Nike+iPod Sport Kit was launched last year in collaboration with Apple - allowing runners to track and compare times on an online electronic database, as well as listen to music.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Nike has high hopes for Umbro. The world's leading sports brand targets football as a key growth category, and its US$582m bid for Umbro will undoubtedly shake up the sportswear sector. Joe Ayling loo...
Demand for specialist footwear fibres and fabrics is increasing rapidly, according to a new report, helped by a growing awareness of the health and safety benefits of wearing footwear designed for spe...
The UK's Office of Fair Trading (OFT) has cleared Nike's anticipated GBP285m (US$565m) acquisition of Umbro....
High-end jeans and denim apparel maker Blue Holdings Inc has signed two new licensing agreements for its Antik Denim and Yanuk brands....
Nike division Jordan Brand, dedicated to basketball idol Michael Jordon, has announced the launch of its new basketball shoe Air Jordan XX3....
Another strike has hit the Vietnamese textile industry after 2,000 workers at a Taiwan-owned textile plant in the south of the country walked out in protest at their low wages....
Here is a list of the top ten stories published on just-style during the past year. To read the stories in full, please click on the headlines....
Sports goods giant Nike saw second quarter revenue grow 14%, beating analyst expectations despite signs of a slowdown in the US....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective