US: Nike nearing sale of Cole Haan to Apax Partners?
Sportswear giant Nike is reportedly nearing a deal to sell its footwear brand Cole Haan to private equity firm Apax Partners for US$500m.
Apax will team up with former Converse chief executive Jack Boys to run the footwear brand after the takeover, according to Reuters.
However, a spokesperson for Nike told just-style: "We don't have any specifics to share other than to say we're continuing the process of identifying buyers for Cole Haan and preparing the businesses for sale. The sale processes is on track, with multiple prospective buyers."
Apax Partners declined to comment on the situation when contacted by just-style today (6 November).
The report comes after the sportswear giant in May revealed plans to divest its Cole Haan and Umbro brands to focus on growing its Nike, Jordan, Converse and Hurley lines. Umbro has since been sold to Iconix Brand Group for $225m.
Private equity firm TPG Capital was also in the running to buy the Nike-owned footwear brand, according to reports in August.
Nike is expected to maintain its position as the most important sports brand in Chile. Nike de Chile’s strategy is to continue organising sports events – such as “Nike 10K” or “Nike 300K” – aimed at i...
Nike México SA de CV plans to continue to position itself as one of the top sports brands in the country. In order to accomplish this goal, it will continue sponsoring local sports celebrities and foo...
Representatives from more than 40 apparel brands and retailers have called for a credible action plan to address workplace safety in the Bangladesh clothing sector as the death toll from last week's R...
Nike has teamed up with NASA and a number of other US government departments to collaborate on developing sustainable materials. ...
Iconix Brand Group, which owns and licenses brands including Candie's and Umbro, has raised its full-year earnings guidance after reporting a 28% increase in first-quarter net profit....
A new study into the impact of the branded clothing sector on the European economy is calling for a shift in thinking when it comes to setting out trade policies to include the full breadth of the ind...
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Russia threatens ban on western apparel imports
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Opportunities and Applications for Digital Textile Printing
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details