US: Nike nearing sale of Cole Haan to Apax Partners?
Sportswear giant Nike is reportedly nearing a deal to sell its footwear brand Cole Haan to private equity firm Apax Partners for US$500m.
Apax will team up with former Converse chief executive Jack Boys to run the footwear brand after the takeover, according to Reuters.
However, a spokesperson for Nike told just-style: "We don't have any specifics to share other than to say we're continuing the process of identifying buyers for Cole Haan and preparing the businesses for sale. The sale processes is on track, with multiple prospective buyers."
Apax Partners declined to comment on the situation when contacted by just-style today (6 November).
The report comes after the sportswear giant in May revealed plans to divest its Cole Haan and Umbro brands to focus on growing its Nike, Jordan, Converse and Hurley lines. Umbro has since been sold to Iconix Brand Group for $225m.
Private equity firm TPG Capital was also in the running to buy the Nike-owned footwear brand, according to reports in August.
Nike has secured market leadership by spending on endorsements and innovative product development. Brand equity across its portfolio, but above all the Nike brand itself, is exceptional, underpinning ...
Nike is expected to maintain its position as the most important sports brand in Chile. Nike de Chile’s strategy is to continue organising sports events – such as “Nike 10K” or “Nike 300K” – aimed at i...
Representatives from more than 40 apparel brands and retailers have called for a credible action plan to address workplace safety in the Bangladesh clothing sector as the death toll from last week's R...
Nike México SA de CV plans to continue to position itself as one of the top sports brands in the country. In order to accomplish this goal, it will continue sponsoring local sports celebrities and foo...
Nike has teamed up with NASA and a number of other US government departments to collaborate on developing sustainable materials. ...
Iconix Brand Group, which owns and licenses brands including Candie's and Umbro, has raised its full-year earnings guidance after reporting a 28% increase in first-quarter net profit....
- Garment firms set sights on Vietnam amid TPP talks
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Tesco takes second stab at US market with F&F
- Wage strike by Cambodia garment workers falls flat
- H&M still committed to higher wages and Bangladesh
- Vietnam Q1 textile and garment exports surge 21.9%
- Alliance inspections more than 50% complete
- Gap to grow China sales to $1bn in three years
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy