USA: Nike Reaffirms Existing Principles in College Partnerships
Nike Inc. (NYSE: NKE) reemphasized its well-established principles in its college partnerships that has resulted in the termination of negotiations on the renewal of a six-year, all-sport and apparel licensing agreement with the University of Michigan. If signed, the U-M contract would have represented Nike's largest and most highly valued agreement in college sports to date.The partnership would have provided funding and Nike footwear, apparel and equipment to all 25 men's and women's varsity athletic teams and recreational sports programs through August 2006."It has been a great run with Michigan. However, we must continually evaluate certain partnerships from a relationship perspective," said Kit Morris, Nike's director of college sports marketing. "Our priorities have always included seeking compatible partners that share common beliefs in areas such as athletics, academics, licensing and business practices."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022