USA: Nike Reaffirms Existing Principles in College Partnerships
Nike Inc. (NYSE: NKE) reemphasized its well-established principles in its college partnerships that has resulted in the termination of negotiations on the renewal of a six-year, all-sport and apparel licensing agreement with the University of Michigan. If signed, the U-M contract would have represented Nike's largest and most highly valued agreement in college sports to date.The partnership would have provided funding and Nike footwear, apparel and equipment to all 25 men's and women's varsity athletic teams and recreational sports programs through August 2006."It has been a great run with Michigan. However, we must continually evaluate certain partnerships from a relationship perspective," said Kit Morris, Nike's director of college sports marketing. "Our priorities have always included seeking compatible partners that share common beliefs in areas such as athletics, academics, licensing and business practices."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016