USA: Nike Realigns Regional Management
- Kevin Wulff, vice president and general manager of Nike USA for the past 18 months, will now have overall management responsibility for Nike's three strategic business units (SBUs) -- Nike Golf, the Jordan Brand and ACG -- as well as lead Nike's new business efforts. Wulff, 48, has been with Nike since 1993 having served as president and GM of Nike Canada and vice president and GM of The Americas.
- Charlie Denson, a 21-year Nike veteran and currently vice president and GM of Nike Europe, will succeed Wulff as vice president and GM of Nike USA. Since 1997, Denson, 43, has managed the company's European operations based in Nike's European headquarters in Hilversum, The Netherlands. Prior to working in Europe, Denson held a variety of senior roles in sales and sports marketing in the US, including three years as vice president of US sales.
- Nike Americas and Africa Vice President and GM Frits van Paasschen, 39, will take over as vice president and GM of Nike Europe from Denson. van Paasschen joined Nike in 1997 as vice president of strategic planning following two years at Disney Consumer Products and six years at McKinsey & Company in both Amsterdam and Los Angeles. He was born in Oegstgeest, The Netherlands.
- Eric Sprunk, 36, European footwear GM since August of 1998, will succeed van Paasschen as vice president and GM of The Americas. Sprunk joined Nike in 1993 as finance director for The Americas and later served as GM for the region. Before joining Nike, he spent six years with Price Waterhouse in Seattle and Portland.
"These changes in our regional management will allow us to continue to aggressively attack important markets and to accelerate the momentum of our business around the world," said Nike Chairman and CEO Philip H. Knight. "These appointments also are a testament to the depth of our management team."
Nike Inc., based in Beaverton, OR, markets its products in more than 100 countries and is the world's leading sports and fitness company.
Companies: Nike Inc
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Textiles and clothing make up Thailand's largest manufacturing industry, with more than 4,500 factories employing over one million people. The sector accounts for approximately 20 per cent of total em...
The University of Colorado has agreed to extend its apparel agreement with sportswear giant Nike Inc by ten years....
Sportswear giant adidas has clinched a long-term partnership deal with tennis superstar Andre Agassi, who previously held a contract with archrival Nike....
Independent music label Dischord Records has forced sportswear giant Nike Inc to apologise for unlawfully using artwork from a punk-rock record cover in a promotional campaign for skateboarding appar...
Nike Inc, the world's biggest athletic-shoe maker, said fourth-quarter earnings rose 15 percent, encouraged by sales of high- priced Air Jordan and Shox sneakers....
Shoe chain Payless ShoeSource Inc has secured Matthew Rubel, a former executive of sportswear giant Nike Inc, as its new chief executive officer from July onwards....
Men's and women's apparel company Perry Ellis International Inc has named Al Derago senior vice president of the Nike swim division, effective today....
Sportswear giant Nike Inc has warned football club Manchester United that it may pull out of their £303 million sponsorship deal if the club doesn't improve its performance....
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022