US: Nike reshuffles affiliates, apparel managers
Sporting goods giant Nike Inc has promoted Roger Wyett, the head of its Hurley International unit, to president of its Nike Affiliates portfolio.
Here he will lead business and strategic direction for brands including Cole Haan, Converse, Hurley International and Umbro, reporting directly to president and CEO Mark Parker. Wyett is replacing Eunan McLaughlin, who is to retire.
Nike also said Jan Singer will become vice president of global apparel, replacing Jill Stanton who is leaving the company. Singer most recently served as vice president of global footwear for Nike.
In turn, she will be succeeded by Andrea Correani as vice president of global footwear. Correani was most recently vice president of footwear for Nike Sportswear.
Both Singer and Correani will report directly to Eric Sprunk, global vice president of merchandising and product for Nike.
“We have tremendous growth opportunities across our portfolio of affiliates and are pleased to see Roger bring his more than 25 years of experience to the team and lead us in our next period of growth within our affiliates,” Parker said.
“We look forward to Jan and Andrea’s leadership as we create products and experiences that inspire athletes around the world to reach their full potential,” he added.
The sustainability field is often accused of spawning 'talking shops' and that is a tag no new initiative wants. The emphasis on its three clear goals, even in its earliest communications, underlines ...
Over the past decade and more, industry associations and individual companies have launched numerous initiatives with the aim of addressing and reducing the environmental and social impacts of clothin...
Just three months after being tasked with leading the international expansion of Gap's Old Navy chain, John Ermatinger is heading for the Tommy Hilfiger Group, where he will lead its operations in Asi...
Apparel maker Obscene Jeans Corp is exploring an acquisition or strategic alliance with activewear clothier We Are Yoga LLC, producer of the Wisdom & Co yoga wear line, in a move that would take it in...
India's fashion conscious teens are making the country an attractive destination for international clothing firms, with a new survey finding more than one-third of youngsters in urban areas spend INR5...
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- Metallised thread for "revolutionary" RFID tag
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- VF Corp ups guidance on "strong" Q2
- Eliminating risk tops sustainability agenda
- Millennials "changing the game" for hosiery
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020