US: Nike rolls out new Jordan ads
Jordan Brand, a division of Nike, has launched a new marketing campaign in the US.
For the second year the brand will feature the tagline 'Become Legendary,' with a campaign featuring athletes such as Chris Paul, Carmelo Anthony and Rip Hamilton.
The marketing plan includes a series of motivational print and three national television advertisements.
The television ads will air on ESPN, TNT, CBS and FOX during seasonal sporting events including the Bowl Championship Series, NBA All-Star Weekend and March Madness.
The print segment of the campaign focuses on the November, February and March issues of sports, urban lifestyle and men's fashion publications such as Slam, Dime, Bounce, Hoop, XXL Complex and Giant in the US.
The ads present Team Jordan athletes in their home towns wearing Jordan Brand clothing and footwear with inspiring messages.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Apparel companies who want to operate environmentally sustainable businesses should cut excess manufacturing by balancing supply with demand, and learn from their mistakes, according to new guidelines...
Top sports and fashion brands including Gucci, Adidas/Reebok, Timberland, Geox, Clarks and Nike, have been accused of contributing to the destruction of the Amazon rainforest by using leather from cat...
Apparel retail group Perry Ellis International recorded a 36% fall in first quarter profits to US$5.8m, but beat expectations despite a 9.7% revenue decline....
Global buy-out firm TPG Capital is investing CNY550m (US$80.2m) in women's footwear retailer Daphne International Holdings Limited to help it expand its Daphne and Shoebox stores in China....
Sporting goods giant Nike is to shed 5% of its 35,000-strong global workforce, following a structural review sparked by the current economic climate....
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
Julie Rosen is returning to specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc as senior vice president of merchandising for Banana Republic....
President Barack Obama has nominated a leading Nike executive to the post of CEO of the Corporation for National and Community Service....
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar