USA: Nike Senior Appointment
Nike today announced the appointment of LeRoy Stewart to the position of director of corporate diversity, effective immediately. Stewart will report to Curt Mudd, director of corporate human resources.Stewart was most recently the customer service manager at Nike Tennessee, responsible for managing the strategic direction of the "at-once" and "futures" account business across the footwear, apparel, and equipment business units.Stewart has been an active member of Nike's Global Diversity Leadership Council since its inception in August 1998. Since that time the council has created Nike's vision and mission for diversity, supported the establishment of a Women/Minority Supplier program and most recently supported the Nike Benefits department in the expansion of benefits eligibility for the dependents of permanent partners of Nike employees.As director of diversity, Stewart will be responsible for providing the leadership, direction, assessment and organizational consultation for Nike's corporate diversity initiative. Stewart, along with Nike's Global & Executive Diversity Councils and the Nike Employee Networks, will direct the continuing evolution of Nike's existing diversity efforts.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- "Buy American, Hire American" to guide Trump trade
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Bangladesh urged to release garment union leaders
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022