US: Nike shuffles Umbro, Converse executives
Under the changes, Converse CEO Michael Spillane will become CEO and president of Umbro, the company said yesterday (20 May), while Hurley CEO Jim Calhoun, will step into his shoes at Converse.
They will both continue to report to Nike president of affiliates, Roger Wyett.
Wyett will serve as interim CEO of Hurley whilst the company searches for a successor.
Retailers should look beyond China in their search for new consumer markets, says Financo president and CEO Colin Welch, pointing out that there are better opportunities in some less prominent countri...
With more and more own label apparel retailers eyeing growth in Asia and Latin America to make up for shortfalls in their domestic markets, Mike Flanagan asks whether a business formula that's running...
Tempe Grupo Inditex, the shoe-making franchise of Spanish fashion giant Inditex, plans to triple its footwear production in Mexico. Meanwhile, other international brands such as Nike, Steve Madden and...
A key figure in the Egyptian textile industry has called on his government to invest in the two companies that have recently been re-nationalised after a court decision ruled their privatisation by th...
Apparel and lingerie maker Delta Galil Industries Ltd yesterday (10 November) said talks to buy Jones Group's jeanswear division are taking longer than the initial one-month timeframe, but the deal is...
Leading apparel and footwear brands including Nike, Adidas, C&A, Gap, H&M, and VF Corporation have contributed to the second edition of the Supplier Implementation Toolkit, aimed at reducing the use a...
This week's top stories took on a footwear theme, with the WTO backing a complaint by China over EU anti-dumping duties and Inditex planning to expand footwear sourcing in Mexico. Meanwhile, Wal-Mart ...
Footwear firm Skechers USA Inc today (27 October) said it plans to double its business in Japan, one of its largest Asian Markets, over the next three to five years....
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Russia threatens ban on western apparel imports
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Opportunities and Applications for Digital Textile Printing
- Colombia - ISA Country Report