US: Nike shuffles Umbro, Converse executives
Under the changes, Converse CEO Michael Spillane will become CEO and president of Umbro, the company said yesterday (20 May), while Hurley CEO Jim Calhoun, will step into his shoes at Converse.
They will both continue to report to Nike president of affiliates, Roger Wyett.
Wyett will serve as interim CEO of Hurley whilst the company searches for a successor.
Retailers should look beyond China in their search for new consumer markets, says Financo president and CEO Colin Welch, pointing out that there are better opportunities in some less prominent countri...
With more and more own label apparel retailers eyeing growth in Asia and Latin America to make up for shortfalls in their domestic markets, Mike Flanagan asks whether a business formula that's running...
Tempe Grupo Inditex, the shoe-making franchise of Spanish fashion giant Inditex, plans to triple its footwear production in Mexico. Meanwhile, other international brands such as Nike, Steve Madden and...
A key figure in the Egyptian textile industry has called on his government to invest in the two companies that have recently been re-nationalised after a court decision ruled their privatisation by th...
Apparel and lingerie maker Delta Galil Industries Ltd yesterday (10 November) said talks to buy Jones Group's jeanswear division are taking longer than the initial one-month timeframe, but the deal is...
Leading apparel and footwear brands including Nike, Adidas, C&A, Gap, H&M, and VF Corporation have contributed to the second edition of the Supplier Implementation Toolkit, aimed at reducing the use a...
This week's top stories took on a footwear theme, with the WTO backing a complaint by China over EU anti-dumping duties and Inditex planning to expand footwear sourcing in Mexico. Meanwhile, Wal-Mart ...
Footwear firm Skechers USA Inc today (27 October) said it plans to double its business in Japan, one of its largest Asian Markets, over the next three to five years....
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- Gap deepens social and environmental efforts
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Syrian refugee children found in Turkish factories
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Key Bangladesh safety issues still not fixed
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024