US: Nike shuffles Umbro, Converse executives
Under the changes, Converse CEO Michael Spillane will become CEO and president of Umbro, the company said yesterday (20 May), while Hurley CEO Jim Calhoun, will step into his shoes at Converse.
They will both continue to report to Nike president of affiliates, Roger Wyett.
Wyett will serve as interim CEO of Hurley whilst the company searches for a successor.
Retailers should look beyond China in their search for new consumer markets, says Financo president and CEO Colin Welch, pointing out that there are better opportunities in some less prominent countri...
With more and more own label apparel retailers eyeing growth in Asia and Latin America to make up for shortfalls in their domestic markets, Mike Flanagan asks whether a business formula that's running...
Tempe Grupo Inditex, the shoe-making franchise of Spanish fashion giant Inditex, plans to triple its footwear production in Mexico. Meanwhile, other international brands such as Nike, Steve Madden and...
A key figure in the Egyptian textile industry has called on his government to invest in the two companies that have recently been re-nationalised after a court decision ruled their privatisation by th...
Apparel and lingerie maker Delta Galil Industries Ltd yesterday (10 November) said talks to buy Jones Group's jeanswear division are taking longer than the initial one-month timeframe, but the deal is...
Leading apparel and footwear brands including Nike, Adidas, C&A, Gap, H&M, and VF Corporation have contributed to the second edition of the Supplier Implementation Toolkit, aimed at reducing the use a...
This week's top stories took on a footwear theme, with the WTO backing a complaint by China over EU anti-dumping duties and Inditex planning to expand footwear sourcing in Mexico. Meanwhile, Wal-Mart ...
Footwear firm Skechers USA Inc today (27 October) said it plans to double its business in Japan, one of its largest Asian Markets, over the next three to five years....
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- Mexico makers see rise in exports and local demand
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- Metallised thread for "revolutionary" RFID tag
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- LF Corp to streamline planning and sourcing
- Millennials "changing the game" for hosiery
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects