US: Nike targets US$27bn revenue by 2015
World-leading sportswear company Nike is targeting revenues of US$27bn by the end of fiscal 2015, led by growth in emerging markets and hundreds of new Nike stores.
At the company’s investor meeting in New York, president and CEO Mark Parker claimed Nike had “never been more inspired, innovative and aligned to achieve our goals”.
The targets equate to high single-digit revenue growth per year, as well as mid-teens earnings per share growth and a 25% return on invested capital.
Much of the planned growth continues to centre on the Nike brand, which currently accounts for about 85% of company revenues.
Nike is aiming to grow revenues in mature markets like North America and Western Europe in the mid-single digits, while emerging markets like China and central and eastern Europe have a low double-digit revenue growth target.
The company plans to open 250-300 new Nike-branded stores around the world in the next five years, spending up to $600m over the same period on new stores and retail support.
But wholesale revenues will continue to dominate, and are expected to account for more than 80% of Nike’s business by 2015.
Click here for just-style comment on Nike's 2015 global growth strategy.
Details on sales growth for the world's top 215 clothing manufacturers, internet retailing, sales of organic cotton, and Europe's top 10 supplier countries help set the scene for likely changes in the...
Sporting goods giant Nike has named Carl Grebert as the company's new vice president and general manager of Nike Japan, replacing Jim Godbout....
The founder of sporting goods firm Nike and his wife have given a multimillion-dollar gift to a local school. ...
Apparel maker Guess Inc has hired former Nike executive J Michael Prince as its chief operating officer, responsible for overseeing the company's operational support and global supply chain functions....
New Zealand based high-tech merino wool clothing company Icebreaker has named former Nike executive Keryn Francisco as its new global product design director....
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Hanesbrands praises supply chain efficiency
- Source Summit 2014: Quote/unquote
- Wal-Mart US chief resignation little surprise
- Under Armour "bullish" in full-year guidance rise
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- Macy’s increases sustainability efforts
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges