US: Nike to divest Cole Haan, Umbro
Nike president and CEO Mark Parker said the move will "allow us to focus our resources on the highest-potential opportunities for Nike, Inc. to continue to drive sustainable, profitable growth for our shareholders."
It will begin the process of divesting the two businesses immediately, and expects the move to be complete by the end of Nike's 2013 fiscal year.
Nike acquired New York-based Cole Haan, which specialises in casual and dress leather footwear and bags, in 1998. Umbro is a football specialist brand based in Manchester, UK, which Nike acquired in 2008.
Top stories of the week include a look at the clothing and textile challenges that face Xi Jinping, the new leader of the Chinese Communist Party, accusations by Greenpeace that 20 leading fashion bra...
Twenty leading fashion brands are selling clothing contaminated with chemicals with hormone-disrupting or cancer-causing properties when released into the environment, according to Greenpeace Internat...
Sportswear retailer Foot Locker has unveiled a new store concept designed for women, featuring fit zones....
Adidas has welcomed a decision by the Nuremberg District Court to reject Nike's request for an injunction to stop Adidas making and selling its Primeknit shoe in Germany....
Sportswear giant Nike is reportedly nearing a deal to sell its footwear brand Cole Haan to private equity firm Apax Partners for US$500m....
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015