USA: Nike's Shox Treatment
Nike's research team has spent more than 16 years dreaming, researching, developing and testing the concept of attaching springs to the bottom of an athlete's foot. In Sydney this September, the dream became a reality when USA basketball player Vince Carter "shoxed" the world with his astronomical dunks wearing his new Nike Shox BB4s. Starting today, the benefits of "boing" arrive to the shores of North America with the much-anticipated introduction of the new Nike Shox line of footwear.By using a suspension system at the heel to make the shoe spring back, Nike Shox provides unparalleled responsiveness and impact protection that is designed to harness and return an athlete's energy, providing the impetus to push a workout farther.Although Nike Shox has been in development since 1984, it is only in recent years that valuable resources and advanced materials have become available to private enterprise. Material such as mouldable carbon fibre and foam made its way into the marketplace, which allowed Nike to perfect the Nike Shox model to a level where it could be manufactured and brought to market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective