US: Nine West appoints Tobi Snyder as senior VP, merchandising
Jones Apparel Group's Nine West Accessories business has named Tobi Snyder as its senior VP of merchandising, a newly created position.
In her new role Snyder will be directly responsible for the design and implementation of the Nine West and Nine & Co handbag collections.
Prior to joining Nine West Accessories, Snyder was VP accessories and jewellery at New York & Company.
"This newly created position is part of our ongoing commitment to the future growth of the Nine West brand," said Andrew Cohen, CEO, wholesale footwear and accessories.
"Ms Snyder's knowledge and proven track record in the accessories market will bring a new creative dimension to our team."
Jones Apparel is a leading designer, marketer and wholesaler of branded apparel, footwear and accessories.
The company also markets directly to consumers through specialty retail and value-based stores, and operates the Barneys New York chain of luxury stores.
Arcadia Group chief executive Sir Philip Green wants to make Topshop the focus of his fashion empire through international store expansion, prompting rumours he could sell the group's Bhs chain....
High street fashion retailer Topshop is not ready to embellish upon reports that it could soon cash in on the hype surrounding its Kate Moss launch in the US by launching three stores in the country....
High street fashion retailer Topshop is cashing in on the hype surrounding its Kate Moss launch in the US....
IC Isaacs Wednesday (9 May) reported a US$2.1m first-quarter loss as its sales dropped by a third....
A week after reporting sharply lower profits resulting principally from weakness in its moderate brands, Liz Claiborne Monday (7 May) took its first tentative steps into the luxury market by buying a ...
Jones Apparel has reported an 85% hike in first quarter profit amid widespread speculation that the apparel firm is set to sell off operations including its Barneys New York chain of luxury stores....
British billionaire and Arcadia Group owner Philip Green has apparently indicated that he might be back in the race to buy Barneys, the department store owned by Jones Apparel....
Michael P Sherman, founder of Crosstown Traders and former president of Fingerhut Companies, has joined investment bank Peter J Solomon Co as a senior advisor specialising in multi-channel retailing....
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- North Face parka features synthetic spider silk
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack