USA: Nine West Gets Into Clothing
Shoe firm, Nine West, is stepping out in an exciting new direction in America. The company has launched a new clothing line across the Atlantic that is taking shoppers by storm. They say it "bridges the gap between staid sportswear and contemporary trends" and the apparel line will rely heavily on the company's reputation for providing "fashion at a value". Tech fabrics are offset by hand knitted sweaters. Deep, New England-fall tones are accented by colours such as lacquer red and grasshopper. The modern sportswear range also includes a fair amount of leather pieces, one of the season's "must-haves". A spokesman said: "We feel there's a natural connection between Nine West and leather."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US Q4 in brief – Chico's FAS, TJX Companies
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- $136m funding for Made in NY garment-making hub
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar