USA: Nitches First Quarter Sales Drop $1.4 Million
Women' s wear importer and wholesaler Nitches Inc yesterday said net sales for the third quarter of fiscal 2002 declined to $7.3 million, from $8.7 million for the third quarter of 2001. The company blamed a decrease in sleepwear and western wear sales and the general economic slowdown in the US.
Net profit for the quarter was $71,000 compared to net income of $359,000 for the year earlier period.
For the nine months ended 31 May 2002, net sales were $23.0 million versus $26.8 million for the first nine months of fiscal 2001. Net income was $72,000 for the first nine months of fiscal 2002, compared to net income of $997,000 for the year earlier period.
The board of directors approved a special dividend of $.05 per share.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Apparel company Nitches reversed a US$12,000 loss in the first quarter of the last financial year with a net income of $520,000 this financial year - following the acquisition of Designer Intimates. ...
Nitches has entered a licensing partnership with the Levi Strauss & Co brand Dockers for men's swimwear, graphic t-shirts and casual knit tops. ...
Niche-market apparel company Nitches said it has completed the acquisition of Designer Intimates' stock and now owns 100 per cent of the company....
Garment importer and wholesaler Nitches Inc has reported a third-quarter net sales slump after unit sales in the Newport Blue licensed men's line faltered....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective