US: No price premium for Avery Dennison EcoFriendly labels
Avery Dennison is charging the same price for its new line of EcoFriendly polyester woven labels as its standard woven labels, offering apparel manufacturers another way to make products more environmentally friendly.
The labels come in several recycled polyester options, as well as various blended organic cotton and recycled polyester materials.
"Manufacturers in the world of fashion apparel now have the opportunity to use eco-friendly woven label options to support the industry's global sustainability initiatives," said Josh Dunn, manager, product sustainability and strategic business development, Avery Dennison.
While textile fairs around the world are still struggling to shrug off the heavy cloak of recession, the crowded aisles at the recent Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics' ten exhibition halls sugges...
Textured yarn maker Unifi Inc has set up operations in El Salvador to provide a base for customers sourcing from the Central American region....
Swedish fashion chain H&M is gearing up to launch a sustainable fashion line this spring made entirely from organic and recycled materials....
Japanese fibre maker Teijin Limited has sold its entire stake in its Indonesian subsidiary as part of restructuring of its polyester fibres business....
Designer Vivienne Westwood and Anvil Knitwear have joined forces to launch a limited edition T-shirt to support efforts at the UN Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen to stop deforestation....
Teijin Fibers Limited has announced a collaboration with the UK's marine apparel maker Henri Lloyd to collect and recycle used garments....
German fashion group Gerry Weber will roll out RFID technology combining inventory management and loss prevention in a new deal with Avery Dennison....
Japanese fibre maker Teijin Group has teamed up with the UK's specialist clothing brand Henri Lloyd to expand its Eco Circle garment recycling system to the marine clothing industry....
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change