US: No price premium for Avery Dennison EcoFriendly labels
Avery Dennison is charging the same price for its new line of EcoFriendly polyester woven labels as its standard woven labels, offering apparel manufacturers another way to make products more environmentally friendly.
The labels come in several recycled polyester options, as well as various blended organic cotton and recycled polyester materials.
"Manufacturers in the world of fashion apparel now have the opportunity to use eco-friendly woven label options to support the industry's global sustainability initiatives," said Josh Dunn, manager, product sustainability and strategic business development, Avery Dennison.
While textile fairs around the world are still struggling to shrug off the heavy cloak of recession, the crowded aisles at the recent Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics' ten exhibition halls sugges...
Textured yarn maker Unifi Inc has set up operations in El Salvador to provide a base for customers sourcing from the Central American region....
Swedish fashion chain H&M is gearing up to launch a sustainable fashion line this spring made entirely from organic and recycled materials....
Japanese fibre maker Teijin Limited has sold its entire stake in its Indonesian subsidiary as part of restructuring of its polyester fibres business....
Designer Vivienne Westwood and Anvil Knitwear have joined forces to launch a limited edition T-shirt to support efforts at the UN Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen to stop deforestation....
Teijin Fibers Limited has announced a collaboration with the UK's marine apparel maker Henri Lloyd to collect and recycle used garments....
German fashion group Gerry Weber will roll out RFID technology combining inventory management and loss prevention in a new deal with Avery Dennison....
Japanese fibre maker Teijin Group has teamed up with the UK's specialist clothing brand Henri Lloyd to expand its Eco Circle garment recycling system to the marine clothing industry....
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- Nicaragua apparel and shoe firms to double in size
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- H&M scaling up living wage effort to key suppliers
- US Q2 in brief: G-III, Shoe Carnival, J Crew
- Myanmar approves first minimum wage
- EU clothing buyers should brace for higher prices
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020