US: Nomura to head global retail at Levi Strauss
Denim giant Levi Strauss & Co has appointed Craig Nomura as its new president of retail to support growth.
In this role, Nomura is expected to drive new, innovative solutions across the company's 2,800 owned and operated, franchise and outlet stores. He will report to Levi Strauss president and CEO Chip Bergh.
Nomura joins the company from Williams-Sonoma, where he served as senior vice president of global development. Prior to this, he held leadership positions at clothing giant Gap Inc, The Gymboree Corp, Guess, and Foot Locker.
“Whether it’s through strategic franchise management, consumer-focused vertical retail experiences or tight inventory management, Craig’s deep expertise across all aspects of retail operations will be a great asset to the management team as we work to make Levi Strauss & Co a world-class omni-channel retailer," said Bergh.
Canadean's "Foot Locker, Inc. : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company over...
The Gap Inc has demonstrated that it understands the direction of the apparel market, and is using its digital platforms in conjunction with its physical stores to drive growth. The company has benefi...
Gap Inc’s sales performance in 2012 highlights a successful turnaround is well underway. Innovative marketing combined with an omni-channel focus places the company well to regain lost market share. G...
Gap Inc appears firmly set on recovery, thanks to a renewed focus on style and quality, a good customer response towards its e-commerce initiative and stabilisation of market share in the US, its home...
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015