US: Nomura to head global retail at Levi Strauss
Denim giant Levi Strauss & Co has appointed Craig Nomura as its new president of retail to support growth.
In this role, Nomura is expected to drive new, innovative solutions across the company's 2,800 owned and operated, franchise and outlet stores. He will report to Levi Strauss president and CEO Chip Bergh.
Nomura joins the company from Williams-Sonoma, where he served as senior vice president of global development. Prior to this, he held leadership positions at clothing giant Gap Inc, The Gymboree Corp, Guess, and Foot Locker.
“Whether it’s through strategic franchise management, consumer-focused vertical retail experiences or tight inventory management, Craig’s deep expertise across all aspects of retail operations will be a great asset to the management team as we work to make Levi Strauss & Co a world-class omni-channel retailer," said Bergh.
Canadean's "Foot Locker, Inc. : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company over...
The Gap Inc has demonstrated that it understands the direction of the apparel market, and is using its digital platforms in conjunction with its physical stores to drive growth. The company has benefi...
Gap Inc’s sales performance in 2012 highlights a successful turnaround is well underway. Innovative marketing combined with an omni-channel focus places the company well to regain lost market share. G...
The Gap Inc, the multi-brand US-based apparel operator, continues to struggle to keep pace with peers such as Inditex. Its dependence on the US, its slower routes to market and a sluggish response to ...
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Gap bullish on China growth opportunities
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Gap restructuring weighs on Q2 as profit falls 34%
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019