US: Nomura to head global retail at Levi Strauss
Denim giant Levi Strauss & Co has appointed Craig Nomura as its new president of retail to support growth.
In this role, Nomura is expected to drive new, innovative solutions across the company's 2,800 owned and operated, franchise and outlet stores. He will report to Levi Strauss president and CEO Chip Bergh.
Nomura joins the company from Williams-Sonoma, where he served as senior vice president of global development. Prior to this, he held leadership positions at clothing giant Gap Inc, The Gymboree Corp, Guess, and Foot Locker.
“Whether it’s through strategic franchise management, consumer-focused vertical retail experiences or tight inventory management, Craig’s deep expertise across all aspects of retail operations will be a great asset to the management team as we work to make Levi Strauss & Co a world-class omni-channel retailer," said Bergh.
Gap Inc appears firmly set on recovery, thanks to a renewed focus on style and quality, a good customer response towards its e-commerce initiative and stabilisation of market share in the US, its home...
Off-price apparel retailer Burlington Stores has upped its full-year and fourth-quarter outlook thanks to better-than-expected holiday sales, and announced the appointment of Marc Katz as its new fina...
US children's apparel retailer Gymboree Corporation has widened its net loss in the third quarter, but the company says it is making progress with sales up nearly 23%....
- Trump’s China tariff a self-serving sound-bite
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Bad sourcing blamed for pressure on retail margins
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Primark continues US expansion with third store
- $360m logistics investment to benefit Bangladesh
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)