BELGIUM: Nonwoven Production Continues To Grow
According to figures released by EDANA, the Brussels-based trade association for the nonwovens industry, production of nonwovens in western Europe grew by 8.8 per cent in 1999 to reach 909,800 tonnes.This means that the output of the western European nonwovens industry has doubled in less than 10 years. And Guy Massenaux, secretary general of EDANA, says that he expects nonwoven production to again grow sizeably in 2000.Polypropylene is the most important polymer used in the nonwovens industry in fibre or granule form, accounting for 492,300 tonnes out of a total of 944,200 tonnes.EDANA estimates that the turnover of the western European nonwovens industry in 1999 at around €3600m, showing no progress in relation to 1998. The industry employs some 15,000 people in western Europe, making engineered fabrics for applications as diverse as surgical drapes, baby diapers, wipes, filtration and roofing.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Carter's, Kohl's, L Brands
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022