BELGIUM: Nonwoven Production Continues To Grow
According to figures released by EDANA, the Brussels-based trade association for the nonwovens industry, production of nonwovens in western Europe grew by 8.8 per cent in 1999 to reach 909,800 tonnes.This means that the output of the western European nonwovens industry has doubled in less than 10 years. And Guy Massenaux, secretary general of EDANA, says that he expects nonwoven production to again grow sizeably in 2000.Polypropylene is the most important polymer used in the nonwovens industry in fibre or granule form, accounting for 492,300 tonnes out of a total of 944,200 tonnes.EDANA estimates that the turnover of the western European nonwovens industry in 1999 at around €3600m, showing no progress in relation to 1998. The industry employs some 15,000 people in western Europe, making engineered fabrics for applications as diverse as surgical drapes, baby diapers, wipes, filtration and roofing.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts