US: Nordstrom adds Topshop and Topman brands
The Topshop and Topman departments will offer men's and women's apparel, including limited-edition pieces created for Nordstrom from 10 September. They will also have mannequins, visual merchandising and store fixtures from the UK.
"Topshop and Topman are internationally renowned leaders in fashion and we are thrilled to start a relationship with them that we hope will grow and prosper over the years," said Pete Nordstrom, president of merchandising for Nordstrom.
"We think our customers are going to love their take on trend-led fashion at great prices."
Meanwhile, Arcadia owner Sir Philip Green said: "I believe Topshop and Topman offer the Nordstrom customer something very different and unique with our signature British fashion authority."
Topshop and Topman currently have flagship stores in New York, Chicago, Las Vegas, with a store in Los Angeles to open next spring.
Retailers posted mixed December sales results as many were forced to discount heavily to drive sales in the weekend prior to Christmas, in the hope of making up for weaker sales earlier in the month....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' December 2012 sales results....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' November 2012 sales results....
Upscale department store operator Nordstrom has teamed up with designer Jason Wu to launch its latest capsule clothing collection....
Arcadia Group is set to enter China with its first Topshop store in Hong Kong, opening in May next year. ...
Arcadia owner Sir Philip Green has sold a 25% stake in his Topshop and Topman brands to private equity firm Leonard Green & Partners in a deal that values the two brands at GBP2bn....
- M&S to launch supply chain human rights policy
- VF pushes ahead on chemicals management
- M&S project benefits garment worker health
- Can the Gap brand reclaim its iconic status?
- Key pieces of US trade agenda signed into law
- China cotton stockpile auction may shake up market
- C&A to add "accurate fit" label to garments
- US retail landscape "mediocre" over next 5 years
- Over 8,000 children in Delhi garment industry
- Adidas develops shoe from recycled ocean waste