USA: Nordstrom Completes Purchase Of Faconnable
Nordstrom today completed its acquisition of French company Faconnable, S.A. Faconnable is a designer, wholesaler and retailer of high quality men's and women's apparel and accessories. The purchase price consisted of two parts: $88m in cash, and approximately 5.1 million shares of newly-issued Nordstrom common stock. The total cost to Nordstrom is $167m. There is also the possibility of an additional cash payment after five years based on performance of the brand and the continued active involvement of the principals in Faconnable, S. A., Albert Goldberg and Jean Pierre Benaym. "This acquisition opens some exciting new opportunities for us," said Nordstrom president Blake Nordstrom. "Faconnable is one of our fastest growing, best-selling lines. It has excellent potential to further expand in both the US and in major markets worldwide." Faconnable's classic men's and women's apparel and accessories are currently sold in the US exclusively by Nordstrom. The brand is also sold by retailers in 23 other nations, primarily in Europe, but also including areas of Central and South America, the Middle East and the Far East.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- EU urged to adopt roadmap for Sri Lanka GSP+ bid
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack