USA: Nordstrom Completes Purchase Of Faconnable
Nordstrom today completed its acquisition of French company Faconnable, S.A. Faconnable is a designer, wholesaler and retailer of high quality men's and women's apparel and accessories. The purchase price consisted of two parts: $88m in cash, and approximately 5.1 million shares of newly-issued Nordstrom common stock. The total cost to Nordstrom is $167m. There is also the possibility of an additional cash payment after five years based on performance of the brand and the continued active involvement of the principals in Faconnable, S. A., Albert Goldberg and Jean Pierre Benaym. "This acquisition opens some exciting new opportunities for us," said Nordstrom president Blake Nordstrom. "Faconnable is one of our fastest growing, best-selling lines. It has excellent potential to further expand in both the US and in major markets worldwide." Faconnable's classic men's and women's apparel and accessories are currently sold in the US exclusively by Nordstrom. The brand is also sold by retailers in 23 other nations, primarily in Europe, but also including areas of Central and South America, the Middle East and the Far East.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report