USA: Nordstrom Completes Purchase Of Faconnable
Nordstrom today completed its acquisition of French company Faconnable, S.A. Faconnable is a designer, wholesaler and retailer of high quality men's and women's apparel and accessories. The purchase price consisted of two parts: $88m in cash, and approximately 5.1 million shares of newly-issued Nordstrom common stock. The total cost to Nordstrom is $167m. There is also the possibility of an additional cash payment after five years based on performance of the brand and the continued active involvement of the principals in Faconnable, S. A., Albert Goldberg and Jean Pierre Benaym. "This acquisition opens some exciting new opportunities for us," said Nordstrom president Blake Nordstrom. "Faconnable is one of our fastest growing, best-selling lines. It has excellent potential to further expand in both the US and in major markets worldwide." Faconnable's classic men's and women's apparel and accessories are currently sold in the US exclusively by Nordstrom. The brand is also sold by retailers in 23 other nations, primarily in Europe, but also including areas of Central and South America, the Middle East and the Far East.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020