USA: Nordstrom Completes Purchase Of Faconnable
Nordstrom today completed its acquisition of French company Faconnable, S.A. Faconnable is a designer, wholesaler and retailer of high quality men's and women's apparel and accessories. The purchase price consisted of two parts: $88m in cash, and approximately 5.1 million shares of newly-issued Nordstrom common stock. The total cost to Nordstrom is $167m. There is also the possibility of an additional cash payment after five years based on performance of the brand and the continued active involvement of the principals in Faconnable, S. A., Albert Goldberg and Jean Pierre Benaym. "This acquisition opens some exciting new opportunities for us," said Nordstrom president Blake Nordstrom. "Faconnable is one of our fastest growing, best-selling lines. It has excellent potential to further expand in both the US and in major markets worldwide." Faconnable's classic men's and women's apparel and accessories are currently sold in the US exclusively by Nordstrom. The brand is also sold by retailers in 23 other nations, primarily in Europe, but also including areas of Central and South America, the Middle East and the Far East.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022