US: Nordstrom eyes Canada for future stores
Upscale department store operator Nordstrom has confirmed to just-style that it is "actively" talking to developers about its first potential stores in Canada.
A spokesperson for Nordstrom said: "We are interested in having stores in Canada and are actively talking with developers and hope someday to have stores there."
The US retailer is eyeing Ottawa's Rideau Centre space, Vancouver's Pacific Centre and Calgary's Chinook Centre, which are currently used by Sears Canada, according to the Toronto Star.
Sears is expected to exit these stores by the end of October, as part of an agreement to return them to real estate developer and landlord Cadillac Fairview Corp. The move will raise an estimated CAD170m (US$170.5m).
Last month, Nordstrom announced plans to open its first full-line department store in New York in 2018.
Retailers posted mixed December sales results as many were forced to discount heavily to drive sales in the weekend prior to Christmas, in the hope of making up for weaker sales earlier in the month....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' December 2012 sales results....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' November 2012 sales results....
US retailers have yet to weigh up the full impact of Hurricane Sandy, which hit the US East coast earlier this week between the back-to-school spending rush and the all-important shopping fest that li...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' October 2012 sales results....
Upscale department store operator Nordstrom has teamed up with designer Jason Wu to launch its latest capsule clothing collection....
Growth in men's shoes, men's apparel and children's apparel helped clothing retailer Nordstrom to post double-digit increases in third quarter earnings and revenue....
- New wage ladder lifts workers towards living wages
- US retailers to face logistics issues into 2015
- African apparel sector needs cooperation to thrive
- New scenarios driving sustainability in textiles
- UK fashion sector prospects depend on partnerships
- Bangladesh worker dies as factory boiler ruptures
- Eight footwear factories lead on social compliance
- Global unions join forces on apparel wage poverty
- US firms eye Vietnam footwear growth ahead of TPP
- Low cotton prices lead to government intervention