USA: Nordstrom Posts Surge In Q4 Earnings
Leading fashion specialty retailer Nordstorm Inc has unveiled an 88 per cent surge in fourth quarter earnings to $50.7 million from $27m in the year-ago period thanks to better than expected sales and expense controls. The upscale retailer said in a statement that fourth quarter sales slipped 1.5 per cent to $1.63 billion from $1.66bn in the year before, while sales at stores open at least a year - same-store sales - dipped 3.4 per cent.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020