USA: Nordstrom Q2 Profit Surges To $45m
Leading fashion chain Nordstrom Inc on Thursday announced an 18 per cent climb in second quarter net profit to $45.4 million from $38.7m in 2001 on the back of a seven per cent climb in sales to $1.66 billion. The Seattle-based company said same-store sales for the period grew 2.1 per cent with better merchandising and improved inventory management helping to boost results.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"