USA: Nordstrom Sales Increase In September 2000
Nordstrom, Inc (NYSE:JWN) today reported preliminary sales of $421.7m for the month of September 2000, compared to sales of $364.4m in September 1999.Adjusting for the impact of differences in the specific days ofthe week that comprise September 2000 compared to September 1999,total sales for September 2000 increased 12.0 per cent, whilesame-store sales increased 4.3 per cent. Unadjusted total andsame-store sales for the month of September 2000 rose 15.7 per cent and 7.9 per cent, respectively.Preliminary 2000 year-to-date sales of $3.4bn increased 7.2 per cent compared to 1999 year-to-date sales of $3.2bn, while year-to-date same-store sales increased 1.7 per cent.Adjusted same-store sales in full-line stores during September 2000 increased in the East Coast, Southwest and Northwest regions, andwere flat in the Central States region. Adjusted same-store sales infull-line stores during September 2000 increased in all majormerchandise categories except children's apparel.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022