USA: Nordstrom Sales Increase In September 2000
Nordstrom, Inc (NYSE:JWN) today reported preliminary sales of $421.7m for the month of September 2000, compared to sales of $364.4m in September 1999.Adjusting for the impact of differences in the specific days ofthe week that comprise September 2000 compared to September 1999,total sales for September 2000 increased 12.0 per cent, whilesame-store sales increased 4.3 per cent. Unadjusted total andsame-store sales for the month of September 2000 rose 15.7 per cent and 7.9 per cent, respectively.Preliminary 2000 year-to-date sales of $3.4bn increased 7.2 per cent compared to 1999 year-to-date sales of $3.2bn, while year-to-date same-store sales increased 1.7 per cent.Adjusted same-store sales in full-line stores during September 2000 increased in the East Coast, Southwest and Northwest regions, andwere flat in the Central States region. Adjusted same-store sales infull-line stores during September 2000 increased in all majormerchandise categories except children's apparel.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report