USA: Nordstrom Sales Increase In September 2000
Nordstrom, Inc (NYSE:JWN) today reported preliminary sales of $421.7m for the month of September 2000, compared to sales of $364.4m in September 1999.Adjusting for the impact of differences in the specific days ofthe week that comprise September 2000 compared to September 1999,total sales for September 2000 increased 12.0 per cent, whilesame-store sales increased 4.3 per cent. Unadjusted total andsame-store sales for the month of September 2000 rose 15.7 per cent and 7.9 per cent, respectively.Preliminary 2000 year-to-date sales of $3.4bn increased 7.2 per cent compared to 1999 year-to-date sales of $3.2bn, while year-to-date same-store sales increased 1.7 per cent.Adjusted same-store sales in full-line stores during September 2000 increased in the East Coast, Southwest and Northwest regions, andwere flat in the Central States region. Adjusted same-store sales infull-line stores during September 2000 increased in all majormerchandise categories except children's apparel.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020