USA: Nordstrom Same Store July Sales Down 1 Per Cent
Preliminary reported sales totaled $534.6m for the month of July 2000, a 5.9 per cent decrease compared to sales of $568m in July 1999. Preliminary 2000 year-to-date sales of $2.6bn increased 4.6 per cent compared to 1999 year-to-date sales of $2.48bn, while year-to-date same-store sales decreased 0.3 per cent, compared to the same period in 1999.
After adjusting for the aforementioned event and calendar shifts, full-line same-store sales increased in the Southwest and East Coast regions, and declined in the Northwest and Central States regions. Also on an adjusted basis, full-line same-store sales increased in cosmetics and accessories, were essentially flat in junior women's apparel and men's wear, and declined in shoes, children's apparel and women's apparel.
Same-store sales in full-line stores declined 1.7 per cent during the first 11 days of the Anniversary Sale (July 21-31, 2000), compared to the same event days (July 16-26) in 1999.
Nordstrom, Inc is one of the nation's leading fashion specialty retailers, with 110 stores located in 23 states, including 72 full-line stores, 32 Nordstrom Racks, three Faconnable boutiques, two free-standing shoe stores, and one clearance store. The company also serves customers online at NORDSTROM.com and NORDSTROMshoes.com, as well as through its direct mail catalogs.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The UK middle market in clothing could soon cease to exist according to new research. The traditional mass market is being squeezed by value-led retailers on the one hand and smaller fashion multiples...
Guatemala's proximity to the United States is being hailed as a key to the survival of the region's apparel industry. But its ability to deliver on the speed-to-market promise depends on more than loc...
Nonwovens producer Polymer Group Inc is increasing the price of nonwoven roll goods in North America by up to 12 per cent, blaming rapid increases in raw material and energy costs....
Innovo Group Inc has hired Elena Pickett as its vice president of sales. In this new position for the company, Ms Pickett will primarily oversee and direct sales for the branded apparel lines, which i...
Sri Lankan clothing maker Jinadasa Garments has set up its third production unit in Africa. The new plant, which operates under the name of California Link (Ghana) Ltd, expands the company's two exist...
Market trend and merchandising strategy source The Doneger Group has appointed Janine Blain to head up its new West Coast operations....
Italian customs police have uncovered €1.8 million worth of fake-branded trainers imported from China. ...
Fashion apparel and accessories company Liz Claiborne Inc has made a number of senior leadership appointments and organisational changes in line with its growth strategies....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report