USA: Nordstrom Same Store July Sales Down 1 Per Cent
Nordstrom, Inc. (NYSE:JWN) today reported that preliminary company-wide and full-line same-store sales for July 2000 decreased approximately 1 per cent. Reported same-store sales for the month of July 2000 declined 9.7 per cent compared to the month of July 1999. Preliminary reported sales totaled $534.6m for the month of July 2000, a 5.9 per cent decrease compared to sales of $568m in July 1999. Preliminary 2000 year-to-date sales of $2.6bn increased 4.6 per cent compared to 1999 year-to-date sales of $2.48bn, while year-to-date same-store sales decreased 0.3 per cent, compared to the same period in 1999. After adjusting for the aforementioned event and calendar shifts, full-line same-store sales increased in the Southwest and East Coast regions, and declined in the Northwest and Central States regions. Also on an adjusted basis, full-line same-store sales increased in cosmetics and accessories, were essentially flat in junior women's apparel and men's wear, and declined in shoes, children's apparel and women's apparel. Same-store sales in full-line stores declined 1.7 per cent during the first 11 days of the Anniversary Sale (July 21-31, 2000), compared to the same event days (July 16-26) in 1999. Nordstrom, Inc is one of the nation's leading fashion specialty retailers, with 110 stores located in 23 states, including 72 full-line stores, 32 Nordstrom Racks, three Faconnable boutiques, two free-standing shoe stores, and one clearance store. The company also serves customers online at NORDSTROM.com and NORDSTROMshoes.com, as well as through its direct mail catalogs.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Apparel brands "ignoring" refugee abuse in Turkey
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report