US: Nordstrom to open first full-line store in New York
Upscale department store operator Nordstrom will open its first full-line department store in New York in 2018.
Extell Development Co will build the 285,000 sq ft seven-storey flagship store on Manhattan's West Side. The company said work on the site could begin as early as the first quarter of next year.
"This has been a long time coming for us, as Nordstrom has sought a NYC location for many years," said Erik Nordstrom, president of stores. "We couldn't be happier about the opportunity to be a part of this terrific development project and feel the location works extremely well for us."
Derek Trulson, international director with Jones Lang LaSalle, who represented Nordstrom in the transaction, added: "New York has not seen a new fashion specialty store of Nordstrom's quality and importance in decades.
"This is a creative real estate deal and build-to-suit that works for Nordstrom as a luxury retailer over the long term."
Nordstrom, which operates 231 stores, last month booked a 2.9% rise in first quarter profit to US$149m helped by strong growth in the consumer direct channel and a double-digit revenue hike.
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' November 2012 sales results....
US retailers have yet to weigh up the full impact of Hurricane Sandy, which hit the US East coast earlier this week between the back-to-school spending rush and the all-important shopping fest that li...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' October 2012 sales results....
A strong end to the back-to-school shopping season contributed to the solid sales results rung up by many US clothing and footwear retailers in September - but economic and political uncertainty conti...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' September 2012 sales results....
Growth in men's shoes, men's apparel and children's apparel helped clothing retailer Nordstrom to post double-digit increases in third quarter earnings and revenue....
Underwear company Jockey has named Bryan Norfleet as president and chief operating officer. ...
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- Bad sourcing blamed for pressure on retail margins
- Trump’s China tariff a self-serving sound-bite
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Primark continues US expansion with third store
- $360m logistics investment to benefit Bangladesh
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)