CANADA: Nordstrom to open first store in 2014
Nordstrom, which operates 234 stores in the US, will lease four former Sears stores in Calgary, Ottawa, Toronto and Vancouver from real estate company Cadillac Fairview.
The first store will open in Calgary's Chinook Centre in autumn 2014, followed by Ottowa and Vancouver in spring 2015. The 138,000 sq ft Toronto outlet will open in Sherway Gardens in autumn 2016.
Nordstrom said it will continue exploring opportunities to open additional full-line stores as well as Nordstrom Rack, its off-price retail division, as part of the company's expansion into Canada.
The retailer has also appointed Karen McKibbin as president of Nordstrom Canada. McKibbin most recently served as vice president and regional manager of Northern California and Hawaii at Nordstrom.
Last month, Nordstrom raised its full-year profit guidance, despite posting a fall in second-quarter net income. Earnings slipped 11% to US$156m during the quarter.
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' January 2013 sales results....
Retailers posted mixed December sales results as many were forced to discount heavily to drive sales in the weekend prior to Christmas, in the hope of making up for weaker sales earlier in the month....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' December 2012 sales results....
Upscale department store retailer Nordstrom Inc has revealed plans to double the number of Nordstrom Rack stores it operates to more than 230 over the next four years....
Upscale department store retailer Nordstrom Inc has posted a 20% jump in fourth-quarter profit, but said investments in e-commerce and expansion of its Nordstrom Rack stores would impact profit in the...
Upscale department store operator Nordstrom has teamed up with designer Jason Wu to launch its latest capsule clothing collection....
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- New fibre and fabric innovations for outdoor wear
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- US West Coast port contract reached
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide