CANADA: Nordstrom to open first store in 2014
Nordstrom, which operates 234 stores in the US, will lease four former Sears stores in Calgary, Ottawa, Toronto and Vancouver from real estate company Cadillac Fairview.
The first store will open in Calgary's Chinook Centre in autumn 2014, followed by Ottowa and Vancouver in spring 2015. The 138,000 sq ft Toronto outlet will open in Sherway Gardens in autumn 2016.
Nordstrom said it will continue exploring opportunities to open additional full-line stores as well as Nordstrom Rack, its off-price retail division, as part of the company's expansion into Canada.
The retailer has also appointed Karen McKibbin as president of Nordstrom Canada. McKibbin most recently served as vice president and regional manager of Northern California and Hawaii at Nordstrom.
Last month, Nordstrom raised its full-year profit guidance, despite posting a fall in second-quarter net income. Earnings slipped 11% to US$156m during the quarter.
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' January 2013 sales results....
Retailers posted mixed December sales results as many were forced to discount heavily to drive sales in the weekend prior to Christmas, in the hope of making up for weaker sales earlier in the month....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' December 2012 sales results....
Upscale department store retailer Nordstrom Inc has revealed plans to double the number of Nordstrom Rack stores it operates to more than 230 over the next four years....
Upscale department store retailer Nordstrom Inc has posted a 20% jump in fourth-quarter profit, but said investments in e-commerce and expansion of its Nordstrom Rack stores would impact profit in the...
Upscale department store operator Nordstrom has teamed up with designer Jason Wu to launch its latest capsule clothing collection....
- Better factory conditions boost the bottom line
- Is there more to Primark's woes than the weather?
- Under Armour on track with new UAS sportswear line
- Myanmar garment exports surged 20% in 2015
- Why synthetic fibres are a safe bet for the future
- Vietnam's Vinatex opens $5.7m garment factory
- H&M living wage commitments criticised in Cambodia
- Brexit may hit suppliers with UK duty-free access
- Vietnam garment exports slow as orders stall
- Natural plant dyed eco-friendly cellulosic yarns