USA: Nordstrom.com Launches Online Brand Boutiques
Nordstrom.com, the online specialty clothing retailer, today announced the launch of its online boutiques featuring merchandise from top name-brand designers store.nordstrom.com/category/brands_women.asp . The number of items available in each of these clothing lines online mirrors the breadth of offering a Nordstrom retail store would have for each of these brands. The launch of these brand boutiques propels Nordstrom.com ahead as one of the leading online providers of branded fashion merchandise and illustrates its strength as a click-and-mortar retailer. "Our new brand boutiques strengthen our multi-channel offerings by presenting the same merchandise available in our retail stores, while creating a unique online shopping environment," said Dan Nordstrom, chief executive officer of Nordstrom.com. "Our customers have told us they wanted to shop for brands in this way. Our new boutiques offer our customers great fashion in an engaging environment that allows them to quickly find what they need." With the launch of these online boutiques, Nordstrom.com now offers customers more than 300,000 stock keeping units (SKUs) of merchandise to choose from - one of the most extensive offerings of branded fashion merchandise on the web. Some of the brands now featured on Nordstrom.com include Kenneth Cole, Liz Claiborne, and DKNY Jeans, as well as Nordstrom exclusive brands such as Caslon and Halogen. "We're happy to be the first fashion specialty retailer to provide a seamless shopping experience for our customers in a range of price points. By expanding the number of brands we carry and the depth of selection in our current lines, we are working to maintain our distinction as the online destination for quality fashion merchandise," said Julie Bornstein, managing director of e-commerce at Nordstrom.com.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Hong Kong's Winds Group to open Haiti factory
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022