USA: Nordstrom.com Launches Online Brand Boutiques
Nordstrom.com, the online specialty clothing retailer, today announced the launch of its online boutiques featuring merchandise from top name-brand designers store.nordstrom.com/category/brands_women.asp . The number of items available in each of these clothing lines online mirrors the breadth of offering a Nordstrom retail store would have for each of these brands. The launch of these brand boutiques propels Nordstrom.com ahead as one of the leading online providers of branded fashion merchandise and illustrates its strength as a click-and-mortar retailer. "Our new brand boutiques strengthen our multi-channel offerings by presenting the same merchandise available in our retail stores, while creating a unique online shopping environment," said Dan Nordstrom, chief executive officer of Nordstrom.com. "Our customers have told us they wanted to shop for brands in this way. Our new boutiques offer our customers great fashion in an engaging environment that allows them to quickly find what they need." With the launch of these online boutiques, Nordstrom.com now offers customers more than 300,000 stock keeping units (SKUs) of merchandise to choose from - one of the most extensive offerings of branded fashion merchandise on the web. Some of the brands now featured on Nordstrom.com include Kenneth Cole, Liz Claiborne, and DKNY Jeans, as well as Nordstrom exclusive brands such as Caslon and Halogen. "We're happy to be the first fashion specialty retailer to provide a seamless shopping experience for our customers in a range of price points. By expanding the number of brands we carry and the depth of selection in our current lines, we are working to maintain our distinction as the online destination for quality fashion merchandise," said Julie Bornstein, managing director of e-commerce at Nordstrom.com.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Sustainable fashion app to help shopping decisions
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing