USA: Nordstrom's Q3 Earnings Surge To $45.5m
The Seattle-based retailer, which attributed the growth to a mixture of strong sales and lower merchandise markdowns, also saw net sales rise 9.8 per cent year-on-year for the quarter to $1.42 billion.
Same-store sales, meanwhile, were up five per cent for the quarter compared to last year.
Nordstrom Inc operates 148 fashion specialty stores throughout the United States, with four new outlets opened in the third quarter.
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack