USA: North Face's Management Changes To Aid Company's Turnaround
The North Face (Nasdaq: TNFI), a subsidiary of VF Corporation (NYSE), today announced changes in several key management positions, which are designed to support the company's turnaround strategy.Michael Egeck has been appointed vice president of RD&D and brand management. Most recently, Egeck was general manager at Columbia Sportswear where he was responsible for managing the company's sportswear division. He has worked in merchandising, design and operations in the apparel industry for more than seventeen years. The appointment of Egeck follows the appointment of Dan Templin as chief financial officer and the promotion of Steve Rendle to vice president of sales. Templin was formerly CFO at VF Knitwear for two years where he helped design the strategic business review that reestablished profitability and sales growth. Since his promotion to VP of Sales, Rendle has taken over the management of the national sales team and The North Face sales accounts, and focused the company's sales and distribution strategy on The North Face core customers. Prior to his promotion, Rendle managed some of The North Face's largest accounts, including REI and Nordstrom.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- "Buy American, Hire American" to guide Trump trade
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Trump signs order to withdraw from TPP
- UK clothing factory workers paid half minimum wage
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022