MAURITIUS: Novel Denim Gains Quota-Free Access To US
Novel Denim Holdings Ltd has reported that, effective immediately, apparel imported from its Mauritius factories will be eligible for duty-free treatment when entering the United States. In addition, current quotas on Mauritian apparel products will be lifted within the next 30 days. President and CEO at Novel Denim Holdings Ltd, K C Chao, said: "This is a very important development for the company. Our vertically integrated manufacturing facilities will allow Novel Denim to be one of a very few apparel manufacturers to immediately benefit from the preferential trade status afforded by the Africa Growth and Opportunity Act.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Kohl's, L Brands
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022