MAURITIUS: Novel Denim Gains Quota-Free Access To US
Novel Denim Holdings Ltd has reported that, effective immediately, apparel imported from its Mauritius factories will be eligible for duty-free treatment when entering the United States. In addition, current quotas on Mauritian apparel products will be lifted within the next 30 days. President and CEO at Novel Denim Holdings Ltd, K C Chao, said: "This is a very important development for the company. Our vertically integrated manufacturing facilities will allow Novel Denim to be one of a very few apparel manufacturers to immediately benefit from the preferential trade status afforded by the Africa Growth and Opportunity Act.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack