MAURITIUS: Novel Denim Gains Quota-Free Access To US
Novel Denim Holdings Ltd has reported that, effective immediately, apparel imported from its Mauritius factories will be eligible for duty-free treatment when entering the United States. In addition, current quotas on Mauritian apparel products will be lifted within the next 30 days. President and CEO at Novel Denim Holdings Ltd, K C Chao, said: "This is a very important development for the company. Our vertically integrated manufacturing facilities will allow Novel Denim to be one of a very few apparel manufacturers to immediately benefit from the preferential trade status afforded by the Africa Growth and Opportunity Act.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- US Q1 in brief – Steve Madden, Skechers
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts