MAURITIUS: Novel Denim Gains Quota-Free Access To US
Novel Denim Holdings Ltd has reported that, effective immediately, apparel imported from its Mauritius factories will be eligible for duty-free treatment when entering the United States. In addition, current quotas on Mauritian apparel products will be lifted within the next 30 days. President and CEO at Novel Denim Holdings Ltd, K C Chao, said: "This is a very important development for the company. Our vertically integrated manufacturing facilities will allow Novel Denim to be one of a very few apparel manufacturers to immediately benefit from the preferential trade status afforded by the Africa Growth and Opportunity Act.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- Finding value in fashion retail reverse logistics
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – Destination XL Group, Caleres
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective