DENMARK: Novozymes names Holk as president and CEO
Enzyme company Novozymes has appointed Peder Holk as president and CEO from 1 April 2013.
The company said Holk has played a central role in the development of Novozymes in its current form. He is currently executive vice president and head of Enzyme Business, a position he has held since 2007.
He replaces Steen Riisgaard, who steps down after 12 years leading the company and 33 years in Novozymes and Novo Industri/Novo Nordisk.
"I am pleased to announce that Peder Holk Nielsen will succeed Steen Riisgaard as President and Chief Executive Officer," said chairman Henrik Gürtler.
"Peder Holk Nielsen's ability to couple market insight and research capabilities is key to deliver innovation and to continue our growth strategy. He was a clear first choice in our international search process. I thank Steen Riisgaard for his 12 years of successful leadership in building the company, and I am sure that Peder Holk Nielsen will ensure the continued expansion of our position as world leader in bioinnovation."
Sectors: Fibres & fabrics
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Alliance brands "staying the course" in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- Bangladesh denied US GSP re-entry on worker rights
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis