DENMARK: Novozymes names Holk as president and CEO
Enzyme company Novozymes has appointed Peder Holk as president and CEO from 1 April 2013.
The company said Holk has played a central role in the development of Novozymes in its current form. He is currently executive vice president and head of Enzyme Business, a position he has held since 2007.
He replaces Steen Riisgaard, who steps down after 12 years leading the company and 33 years in Novozymes and Novo Industri/Novo Nordisk.
"I am pleased to announce that Peder Holk Nielsen will succeed Steen Riisgaard as President and Chief Executive Officer," said chairman Henrik Gürtler.
"Peder Holk Nielsen's ability to couple market insight and research capabilities is key to deliver innovation and to continue our growth strategy. He was a clear first choice in our international search process. I thank Steen Riisgaard for his 12 years of successful leadership in building the company, and I am sure that Peder Holk Nielsen will ensure the continued expansion of our position as world leader in bioinnovation."
Sectors: Fibres & fabrics
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Retailers warned of high volatility in Brexit wake
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Big data helps Crystal Group sustainability gains
- Under Armour opens manufacturing innovation hub
- Online fabric platform to "revolutionise" buying
- Uniqlo said to be scaling back US expansion
- Walmart's 'Made in USA' pledge misleading
- Better Work Vietnam launches labour law mobile app
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts