DENMARK: Novozymes names Holk as president and CEO
Enzyme company Novozymes has appointed Peder Holk as president and CEO from 1 April 2013.
The company said Holk has played a central role in the development of Novozymes in its current form. He is currently executive vice president and head of Enzyme Business, a position he has held since 2007.
He replaces Steen Riisgaard, who steps down after 12 years leading the company and 33 years in Novozymes and Novo Industri/Novo Nordisk.
"I am pleased to announce that Peder Holk Nielsen will succeed Steen Riisgaard as President and Chief Executive Officer," said chairman Henrik Gürtler.
"Peder Holk Nielsen's ability to couple market insight and research capabilities is key to deliver innovation and to continue our growth strategy. He was a clear first choice in our international search process. I thank Steen Riisgaard for his 12 years of successful leadership in building the company, and I am sure that Peder Holk Nielsen will ensure the continued expansion of our position as world leader in bioinnovation."
Sectors: Fibres & fabrics
- INTERVIEW: Crystal CEO rises to the challenges
- Pacific Crystal Textiles gears up for production
- Li & Fung: China consumption to bring major change
- Growth in smart garments and wearable technology
- Innovation and e-commerce key to Nike's growth
- Adidas taps Nike designers for new creative studio
- China apparel interns in forced labour conditions
- Addressing anaemia key to Cambodia productivity
- Chinese firm to invest in Ethiopian textile plant
- Activists slam dismissals at Sri Lanka shoe firm