DENMARK: Novozymes names Holk as president and CEO
Enzyme company Novozymes has appointed Peder Holk as president and CEO from 1 April 2013.
The company said Holk has played a central role in the development of Novozymes in its current form. He is currently executive vice president and head of Enzyme Business, a position he has held since 2007.
He replaces Steen Riisgaard, who steps down after 12 years leading the company and 33 years in Novozymes and Novo Industri/Novo Nordisk.
"I am pleased to announce that Peder Holk Nielsen will succeed Steen Riisgaard as President and Chief Executive Officer," said chairman Henrik Gürtler.
"Peder Holk Nielsen's ability to couple market insight and research capabilities is key to deliver innovation and to continue our growth strategy. He was a clear first choice in our international search process. I thank Steen Riisgaard for his 12 years of successful leadership in building the company, and I am sure that Peder Holk Nielsen will ensure the continued expansion of our position as world leader in bioinnovation."
Sectors: Fibres & fabrics
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Apparel industry not immune from Russia tensions
- US apparel import data shows China competitiveness
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Cotton prices set to slip on China policy change
- Nike appointments to drive growth opportunities
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey