DENMARK: Novozymes names Holk as president and CEO
Enzyme company Novozymes has appointed Peder Holk as president and CEO from 1 April 2013.
The company said Holk has played a central role in the development of Novozymes in its current form. He is currently executive vice president and head of Enzyme Business, a position he has held since 2007.
He replaces Steen Riisgaard, who steps down after 12 years leading the company and 33 years in Novozymes and Novo Industri/Novo Nordisk.
"I am pleased to announce that Peder Holk Nielsen will succeed Steen Riisgaard as President and Chief Executive Officer," said chairman Henrik Gürtler.
"Peder Holk Nielsen's ability to couple market insight and research capabilities is key to deliver innovation and to continue our growth strategy. He was a clear first choice in our international search process. I thank Steen Riisgaard for his 12 years of successful leadership in building the company, and I am sure that Peder Holk Nielsen will ensure the continued expansion of our position as world leader in bioinnovation."
Sectors: Fibres & fabrics
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies