US: NPD invests in fashion data firm Stylitics
Research company NPD Group has made an equity investment in Stylitics, a supplier of consumer data to fashion brands and retailers.
The new financing will be used for continued growth of Stylitics' insights and analytics platform, NPD Group noted.
Stylitics' consumer preference and behavioural data for the fashion industry aims to help merchants, marketers and buyers make better business decisions.
"It's additional insight which complements our services and which we believe will inspire and empower decision makers in new ways," said Karyn Schoenbart, president and COO of NPD.
While Stylitics co-founder and CEO Rohan Deuskar said both companies are "thinking about how to optimise the modern retail environment".
Don Unser, group president of cross practices at NPD, will join the Stylitics board.
- What Marks & Spencer's numbers mean for clothing
- Balance essential in garment supply chain
- Tanzania adds to Africa’s apparel sourcing mix
- Where next for 3D design and prototyping?
- Supply chain weighs on Kering's green footprint
- AGOA delays drag on sourcing decisions
- Brandix named PVH ‘Global Supplier of the Year’
- American Eagle Outfitters Q1 earnings soar
- Apparel bright spot in Wal-Mart Q1
- EU and Turkey to update customs union