US: NPD invests in fashion data firm Stylitics
Research company NPD Group has made an equity investment in Stylitics, a supplier of consumer data to fashion brands and retailers.
The new financing will be used for continued growth of Stylitics' insights and analytics platform, NPD Group noted.
Stylitics' consumer preference and behavioural data for the fashion industry aims to help merchants, marketers and buyers make better business decisions.
"It's additional insight which complements our services and which we believe will inspire and empower decision makers in new ways," said Karyn Schoenbart, president and COO of NPD.
While Stylitics co-founder and CEO Rohan Deuskar said both companies are "thinking about how to optimise the modern retail environment".
Don Unser, group president of cross practices at NPD, will join the Stylitics board.
- Why Inditex is "clear winner" in fast fashion
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- Under Armour makes lifestyle push with new brand
- North Face has holistic view on harmful chemicals
- US Q2 in brief - Columbia Sportswear, Rocky Brands
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- Ananta Group hits back at Bangladesh union claims
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- LVMH to sell Donna Karan to G-III for US$650m
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020