US: NPD invests in fashion data firm Stylitics
Research company NPD Group has made an equity investment in Stylitics, a supplier of consumer data to fashion brands and retailers.
The new financing will be used for continued growth of Stylitics' insights and analytics platform, NPD Group noted.
Stylitics' consumer preference and behavioural data for the fashion industry aims to help merchants, marketers and buyers make better business decisions.
"It's additional insight which complements our services and which we believe will inspire and empower decision makers in new ways," said Karyn Schoenbart, president and COO of NPD.
While Stylitics co-founder and CEO Rohan Deuskar said both companies are "thinking about how to optimise the modern retail environment".
Don Unser, group president of cross practices at NPD, will join the Stylitics board.
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- JC Penney share price falls on Q4 loss
- Sri Lanka and Bangladesh FTA talks underway
- Delta Galil open to M&A as profit grows
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide