US: NPD invests in fashion data firm Stylitics
Research company NPD Group has made an equity investment in Stylitics, a supplier of consumer data to fashion brands and retailers.
The new financing will be used for continued growth of Stylitics' insights and analytics platform, NPD Group noted.
Stylitics' consumer preference and behavioural data for the fashion industry aims to help merchants, marketers and buyers make better business decisions.
"It's additional insight which complements our services and which we believe will inspire and empower decision makers in new ways," said Karyn Schoenbart, president and COO of NPD.
While Stylitics co-founder and CEO Rohan Deuskar said both companies are "thinking about how to optimise the modern retail environment".
Don Unser, group president of cross practices at NPD, will join the Stylitics board.
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: DSW, Chico's, Abercrombie & Fitch
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015