US: NPD invests in fashion data firm Stylitics
Research company NPD Group has made an equity investment in Stylitics, a supplier of consumer data to fashion brands and retailers.
The new financing will be used for continued growth of Stylitics' insights and analytics platform, NPD Group noted.
Stylitics' consumer preference and behavioural data for the fashion industry aims to help merchants, marketers and buyers make better business decisions.
"It's additional insight which complements our services and which we believe will inspire and empower decision makers in new ways," said Karyn Schoenbart, president and COO of NPD.
While Stylitics co-founder and CEO Rohan Deuskar said both companies are "thinking about how to optimise the modern retail environment".
Don Unser, group president of cross practices at NPD, will join the Stylitics board.
- Yarn-forward rules weigh on Vietnam TPP potential
- How M&S plans to revamp its clothing business
- Footwear to see "significant" gains from TPP
- Is China really going through a slump?
- The difference between compliance and safety?
- M&S to see "departure" of sourcing chiefs?
- Gap accused of rights violations in supply chain
- US Q1 in brief - Sears, Abercrombie & Fitch
- Gap to close 75 stores amid "disastrous" Q1
- H&M criticised for India, Cambodia labour abuses