PERU: Nuevo Mundo To Build US$13m Plant
Peruvian textiles company Nuevo Mundo is to build new plant costing US$13m, Apparel Industry Internacional reported yesterday.The plant will enable Nuevo Mundo to modernize its production and start producing jeans fabric. It will lift the company's yarn and fabric production capacity by 200 per cent and 50 per cent respectively. At present, the company operates at 100 per cent of its production capacity.Nuevo Mundo currently exports 10 per cent of its products to Andean countries and predicts that this will rise to 20 per cent within the next 2 years. The company holds nearly 90 per cent of the corduroy fabrics market in Peru. It posted a turnover of US$40m last year and forecasts a five per cent sales growth for this year. It imports nearly 80 per cent of its cotton from China and the US.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report