PERU: Nuevo Mundo To Build US$13m Plant
Peruvian textiles company Nuevo Mundo is to build new plant costing US$13m, Apparel Industry Internacional reported yesterday.The plant will enable Nuevo Mundo to modernize its production and start producing jeans fabric. It will lift the company's yarn and fabric production capacity by 200 per cent and 50 per cent respectively. At present, the company operates at 100 per cent of its production capacity.Nuevo Mundo currently exports 10 per cent of its products to Andean countries and predicts that this will rise to 20 per cent within the next 2 years. The company holds nearly 90 per cent of the corduroy fabrics market in Peru. It posted a turnover of US$40m last year and forecasts a five per cent sales growth for this year. It imports nearly 80 per cent of its cotton from China and the US.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022