CANADA: Nygard names Robertson president
Canadian women's apparel retailer Nygård International has appointed Dawn Robertson as president of its fashions business, replacing Jim Bennett.
Robertson will be based at the company's recently opened New York headquarters, and also join the executive committee.
She will take responsibility for all aspects of design, production, sales, merchandising and marketing for the Nygård fashion brands, as well as licensing the Nygård brand worldwide.
Chairman Peter Nygård said: "She brings with her an excellent track record of retail and merchandising experience and will be instrumental in taking Nygård to the next level."
Bennett has been promoted to vice chairman of the company.
Prior to joining the company, Robertson held various senior positions at United Retail Group, owner of the Avenue brand, which was sold to private equity firm Versa Capital Management last week. Robertson previously worked at May Department Stores, Saks and Macy's.
The BRIC countries are far from being the only emerging market suppliers for the global apparel sector - and a knot of competitors such as Bangladesh and Vietnam have long been vying for business. But...
Major clothing retailers are benefiting in significant ways from the new data collection and management options offered by new technology in labels, especially regarding radio frequency identification...
A strong end to the back-to-school shopping season contributed to the solid sales results rung up by many US clothing and footwear retailers in September - but economic and political uncertainty conti...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' September 2012 sales results....
US department store retailer Macy's is launching 13 new apparel and footwear brands and expanding a further 11 existing ones, as part of a drive to boost its business with customers between the ages o...
Leading apparel brands including Gap, Adidas and H&M Hennes & Mauritz are looking at ways to reduce pollution within their supply chains following accusations that they were purchasing clothing from s...
US fashion retailer Saks Inc has opened its first Saks Fifth Avenue store in Kazakhstan, as it tries to tap into the region's growing demand for luxury products....
US sportswear retailer The Finish Line will open branded athletic footwear shops in more than 450 Macy's department stores across the US in 2013....
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Swedish textile water project to expand globally
- PVH “pleased” after swinging to Q4 profit
- Organic cotton assessment tool launches
- Apparel and textiles rank high on EU alert system
- Lululemon Athletica on “strong growth” track
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019