USA: Nylstar Names Sonny Walker President, COO
The world's second largest producer of nylon, Nylstar, on Monday announced the appointment of Basil (Sonny) Walker to the position of president and COO of Nylstar North America.
He will be based at the company's headquarters in Greensboro, North Carolina, and report to Carlo Veronelli, CEO and general manager of Nylstar worldwide, the firm said in a statement.
"We are pleased to have Sonny Walker join our team as the leader throughout the Americas," said Veronelli. "Sonny's nearly 30 years of experience in the US fibres and textile industry will be a great asset to us as we expand Nylstar's presence throughout North America."
Walker began his career in 1973 with DuPont Fibres and held various manufacturing, marketing and business leadership positions for the company. Most recently he was vice president of sales and marketing for DAK Americas, a polyester fibre producer that was formed upon the sale of that business by DuPont.
Veronelli also stated that Giovanni Sartor, CEO of Nylstar North America, will return to Italy with his family.
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Where next for retailers in a saturated market?
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Inventory risk shifts in favour of retailers
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020