USA: Nylstar Names Sonny Walker President, COO
The world's second largest producer of nylon, Nylstar, on Monday announced the appointment of Basil (Sonny) Walker to the position of president and COO of Nylstar North America.
He will be based at the company's headquarters in Greensboro, North Carolina, and report to Carlo Veronelli, CEO and general manager of Nylstar worldwide, the firm said in a statement.
"We are pleased to have Sonny Walker join our team as the leader throughout the Americas," said Veronelli. "Sonny's nearly 30 years of experience in the US fibres and textile industry will be a great asset to us as we expand Nylstar's presence throughout North America."
Walker began his career in 1973 with DuPont Fibres and held various manufacturing, marketing and business leadership positions for the company. Most recently he was vice president of sales and marketing for DAK Americas, a polyester fibre producer that was formed upon the sale of that business by DuPont.
Veronelli also stated that Giovanni Sartor, CEO of Nylstar North America, will return to Italy with his family.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- Finding value in fashion retail reverse logistics
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- US Q4 in brief – Destination XL Group, Caleres
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective