USA: Oakley Agrees New Parisian Retail Partnership
The deal will see Parisian, a division of Saks Inc, set up seven in-store concept shops in May 2002 with stores outfitted with Oakley-branded doublewide eyewear towers and branded footwear and apparel rocket displays.
"This partnership with Parisian gives us a great opportunity to show our entire product line in one of the most prominent specialty department stores in the southeast," said Oakley CEO Jim Jannard.
"We have said all along that when our eyewear is showcased with our other product categories they all do very well."
Rob Gruen, president and CEO of Parisian, added: "We are very pleased to introduce Oakley eyewear and other distinctive Oakley products to our Parisian stores. The name Oakley has long been synonymous with quality and style and this partnership is consistent with our specialty department store strategy of providing unique and differentiated products to our customers."
Companies: Saks Incorporated
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
For the past 20 years Wal-Mart has redefined the way most retailers and manufacturers across channels and categories have done business. Every apparel company has been affected thanks to the retail gi...
Saks Fifth Avenue Enterprises, a division of retail group Saks Incorporated, has named Thomas Matthews group senior vice president of asset protection and operations for Saks Fifth Avenue....
Department store operator Bon-Ton Stores Inc is considering forming a buyout consortium with private equity companies in order to acquire upmarket store chain company Saks Inc, according to a report f...
Saks Fifth Avenue Enterprises, a division of large-scale retailer Saks Incorporated, has announced plans to expand its existing 47,000 square foot Saks Fifth Avenue store in the Waterside Shops in Nap...
Department store operator Saks Inc is to close its private-label apparel business in order to focus on higher-priced designer brands....
US retail group Saks Inc says it is carrying out a more intensive investigation than initially planned into vendor payments at its Saks Fifth Avenue division....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' May sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
The growing importance of Russia and the Middle East as major markets for UK fashion and accessories was highlighted at last week's presentation in London of the 2004 UK Fashion Export Awards, with Mu...
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Walmart snaps up online fashion firm ModCloth
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective